The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Brookover graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a B.A. in Spanish. She has Masters Degrees in Education from both East Texas State University (now Texas A&M Commerce) and the University of California, Los Angeles.
Beginning in 1996 Brookover wrote a series of articles—listed in the Bibliography—about film noir and the “politics” of the horror genre. During the same period she was an editor, interviewer, and essayist for the online Magazine OneWorld, to which she contributed pieces on such varied subject as the Pueblo Revolts, American Indian activist Russell Means, ayahuasca, and the “Crocodile Files” that featured one of the earliest interviews with the late “crocodile hunter Steve Irwin.
- “What is this Thing Called Noir” Essay in Film Noir Reader, New York: Limelight, 1996, pages 260-273.
- “Naked Noir: Weegee and Film Noir,” Featured article in The Noir Style, New York: Overlook, pages 44–49.
- “Mad Love is Strange: More Neo-noir Fugitives,” Essay in Film Noir Reader 2, New York, Limelight, 1999, pages 188-195.
- “Blanc et Noir: Crime as Art,” Essay on The Public Eye in Film Noir Reader 2, New York, Limelight, 1999, pages 216-221.
- “What Rough Beast? Insect Politics and The Fly” Essay in Horror Film Reader, New York: Limelight, 2002, pages 236-245
- “Vampire Politics and True Blood,” Featured article in The Vampire Film, Limelight, 2010, pages 314-319.
- “The Top Ten Reasons Why I Hate Zombies (and the Movies about Them),” Featured article in The Zombie Film, Milwaukee: Applause, 2012, pages 204-209.
- "Linda Brookover". BFI.
- "Linda Brookover". AlloCiné.
- "Linda Brookover". FILMSTARTS.de.
- "Staff". Brentwood Science Magnet Elementary.
- Film Noir Compendium, Milwaukee: Applause, 2016, page 439
- "Time at the Top" – via www.imdb.com.
- "OneWorld Magazine: Deserts". web.archive.org. July 2, 2001.
- "Means..." www.dickshovel.com.
- "OneWorld Magazine - Ayahuasca, Power and Dreams". web.archive.org. March 3, 2001.
- "OneWorld Magazine - The Crocodile Files". web.archive.org. February 18, 2003.
- Wylie, Dan (July 15, 2013). "Crocodile". Reaktion Books – via Google Books.