Lim Nam-gyun (also Im Nam-gyun, Korean: 임 남균; born March 4, 1987) is a South Korean swimmer, who specialized in sprint freestyle events. He represented his nation South Korea at the 2008 Summer Olympics, and has won two bronze medals, as a member of the men's 400 and 800 m freestyle relay teams at the 2006 Asian Games in Doha, Qatar.
|Full name||Lim Nam-gyun|
|National team||South Korea|
|Born||4 March 1987|
Incheon, South Korea
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||68 kg (150 lb)|
Lim competed for the South Korean swimming team in the men's 100 m freestyle at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. Leading up to the Games, he finished outside the top-eight final time in 50.82 to set a new national mark and register under the FINA B-cut (50.95) by 0.13 of a second at the 2007 Summer Universiade in Bangkok, Thailand. Coming from sixth at the halfway turn in heat three, Lim edged out the Uzbek swimmer Petr Romashkin by just 0.03 of a second on the final stretch to hit the wall with a fifth-place time in 51.80, almost a second off his entry mark. Lim failed to advance into the semifinals, as he placed fifty-fourth out of 64 swimmers in the prelims.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Lim Nam-gyun". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Marsteller, Jason (4 December 2006). "China Women, Japan Men Dominate Third Day of Asian GamesGames". Swimming World Magazine. Archived from the original on 8 May 2012. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Marsteller, Jason (5 December 2006). "Japan Blazes to Asian Record Time in Men's 400 Free Relay at Asian Games". Swimming World Magazine. Archived from the original on 23 June 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- "<고침> 체육(박태환 훈련 파트너 임남균 "내게도 꿈은 있다")" [Sports: Park Tae-hwan's training partner Lim Nam-gyun wants to fulfill a dream] (in Korean). Yonhap. 19 July 2009. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- "[2008 베이징올림픽-수영] 태환아, 펠프스를 말려줘" [2008 Summer Olympics: Tae-hwan could beat Phelps in swimming] (in Korean). The Hankyoreh. 7 August 2008. Retrieved 22 April 2016.
- "Olympic Cut Sheet – Men's 100m Freestyle" (PDF). Swimming World Magazine. p. 7. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- "Swimming: Men's 100m Freestyle Heat 3". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 21 August 2012. Retrieved 18 January 2013.