Lille 2 University of Health and Law
The Lille 2 University of Health and Law (French: Université Lille 2 : Droit et Santé) was a French university for health, sports, management and law. It was located in Lille and was part of the Community of Universities and Institutions (COMUE) Lille Nord de France.
Université de Lille II
|Type||Public: Health, Sports, Management, Law|
|Established||1559; 1970 (current campus)|
|President||Pr. Xavier Vandendriessche|
|Affiliations||Community of Universities and Institutions (COMUE) Lille Nord de France|
The University of Lille II inherits from the Faculty of Law established as the Université de Douai in 1559. After, sciences and technologies are taught in an independent campus of Université de Lille I - USTL, while literature and social sciences are taught as part of the independent campus of Université de Lille III - Charles de Gaulle. Altogether, the universities of Lille include more than 90,000 students and are the core parts of the European Doctoral College Lille-Nord-Pas de Calais that includes 3,000 PhD Doctorate students supported by university research laboratories.
- 24 000 students
- 1050 faculty members and 830 staff
- 50 research labs, associated to the European Doctoral College Lille Nord-Pas de Calais
- 250 courses towards nationally accredited degrees and 170 courses towards university diploma.
At the beginning of 2018, the three universities of Lille (Lille 1, Lille 2, Lille 3) merged to form the University of Lille.
List of InstitutesEdit
- Institut Universitaire de Technologie (I.U.T.) undergraduate courses
- Institut Universitaire Professionnel Management de la Distribution (I.M.D.)
- Ecole Supérieure des Affaires (E.S.A.)
ESA – Business Management SchoolEdit
ESA – Ecole Supérieure des Affaires is the Business management school of Université de Lille II and its curriculum relates to business administration, finance and banking management. It includes the following degrees delivered by University of Lille II :
- Licence degree
- Master's degree in Management & Business Administration (i.e. Master 'Sciences de Gestion - Administration des Affaires' M1+M2) with 5 elective mentions :
ESA – Business Management SchoolEdit
A double degree courses is established for selected graduate students from other schools, including the Master (M2) in Management & Business Administration as an elective part of their curriculum :
- Faculté des Sciences Juridiques, Politiques et Sociales
- IEP Sciences-Po Lille Institut d'Etudes Politiques (I.E.P.) Sciences Po Lille
- Institut de préparation à l'Administration Générale (I.P.A.G.)
- Institut des Sciences du Travail (I.S.T.)
- Institut de la Construction, de l'Environnement et de l'Urbanisme (I.C.E.U.)
- Institut d'Etudes Judiciaires (I.E.J.)
- Institut de Criminologie
- Centre Universitaire de Cambrai
- Ecole Doctorale des Sciences Juridiques, Politiques Economiques et de Gestion
- Faculté de Médecine Henri Warembourg
- Ecole Doctorale de Biologie Santé
- Institut de Médecine Légale (I.M.L.)
- Faculté des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques
- Faculté de Chirurgie Dentaire
- Institut Lillois d'Ingénierie de la Santé (I.L.I.S.)
- Institut de Chimie Pharmaceutique Albert Lespagnol (I.C.P.A.L.)
- Institut d'Orthophonie "Gabriel Decroix"
- Faculté des Sciences du Sport et de l'Education Physique
Points of interestEdit
- Iris Mittenaere, Miss Universe 2016, was in her 5th year of dentistry at Lille 2 University when she won the title of Miss France 2016 in December 2015, thus interrupting her studies. Mittenaere had plans to go back to Lille, France and finish her last two years in dental surgery in early 2017 after passing on the Miss France crown to Alicia Aylies. Iris Mittenaere went to Manila in the Philippines to represent France at the Miss Universe 2016 contest and won the crown on January 30, 2017, interrupting again her getting a degree.
This article does not cite any sources. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Campus Université de Lille II.|