Education and careerEdit
Qiu was born in Shanghai, where she attended Nanyang Model High School. She moved to the US for her undergraduate studies, earning a bachelor's degree with honors for a double major in computer science and physics at the University of Bridgeport in 1996.
Qiu became a fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers in 2017. She was elected as an ACM Fellow in 2018 for "contributions to the design and analysis of wireless network protocols and mobile systems".
- Qiu, Lili (2001), An Integrated Approach to Improving Web Performance. Biographical sketch, p. iii.
- Lili Qiu, Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Texas at Austin, retrieved 2018-12-06
- Lili Qiu at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Norman, Staci R. (January 2, 2017), Lili Qiu Elected IEEE Fellow, Department of Computer Science, University of Texas at Austin, retrieved 2018-12-06
- 2018 ACM Fellows Honored for Pivotal Achievements that Underpin the Digital Age, Association for Computing Machinery, December 5, 2018