Leslie Kanes Weisman
Leslie Kanes Weisman is an architecture educator, activist and community planning department official. Weisman was one of the founding faculty members of the New Jersey Institute of Technology School of Architecture in Newark, New Jersey. She was also one of the founders of the Women's School of Planning and Architecture. She was involved with Heresies #11, "Making Room - Women and Architecture". She has been instrumental in creating and promoting universal design applications for design practice and pedagogical models for design teaching.
- Weisman, Leslie Kanes. Our Architecture Ourselves, On The Issues Magazine (Winter 2009).
- Interview with Cristina Cerulli and Florian Kossak, "Educator, Activist, Politician', field: a free journal for architecture, 3 (2009)
- Discrimination by Design: A Feminist Critique of the Man-Made Environment. Urbana, IL.: University of Illinois Press, 1992.
- "Women's Environmental rights." Making Room: Women and Architecture. Heresies no. 11 (1981: 6-8).
- Weisman, Leslie Kanes and Noel Phyllis Birkby. "Women's Fantasy Environment: Notes on a Project in Process." Heresies 2(May 1977): 116-117.
- "Patriarchitecture and Feminist Fantasies." Liberation 19, no 8 & 9 (Spring 1976): 45-52.
- "A Woman Built Environment: Constructive Fantasies, Quest 2, no. 1 (Summer 1975): 7-18.
- "Women's School of Planning and Architecture Records". Sophia Smith Collection. Five College Archives & Manuscript Collections. Archived from the original on 2014-05-17. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Women's Environmental Rights: A Manifesto" (PDF). Heresies. 3 (3): 6–8. 1981.
- "The Environmental is Political: Universal Design and Social Sustainability with Leslie Kanes Weisman". Universal Design News. Archived from the original on 2014-05-17. Cite uses deprecated parameter