Les Dissonances (The Dissonances) is a European classical music orchestra created in 2004 by the violinist David Grimal. Gathering French and European musicians, the orchestra is composed of international soloists, musicians from prestigious orchestras and young talents.
Since 2008, Les Dissonances are in residence at the Opéra de Dijon.
In order to develop youngest knowledge to classical music, Les Dissonances also leads educational projects as Violin workshops in schools (P' titssonances - Little Dissonances), educational concerts or open rehearsals.
The ensemble Les Dissonances also leads a social project dedicated to homeless people called « The other season”. Once a month, on the grounds of the parisian Church of Église Saint-Leu, Les Dissonances invites artists, from different fields (musicians, singers, dancers, narrators, comedians) to take part of a charity concert on behalf of persons in precarious situation. Receipts help the association Les Margéniaux, to finance emergency or middle term projects.
Residence and supportEdit
Les Dissonances is supported by the French Ministry of Arts and Communications and is a member of the FEVIS (French Federation of Vocal and instrumental Specialized ensembles). It is in residence at the Dijon’s Opera since 2008, and occurs regularly at Cité de la musique in Paris, at Volcan in Le Havre and at l'Onde in Vélizy.
- Brahms - Violin Concerto and Symphony n°4 │ Dissonances Records, March 2014
- Beethoven - Symphony n°5 │ Label Aparté, October 2011
- Vivaldi, Piazzolla – ‘’The Four Seasons’’│ Label Aparté, January 2011
- Beethoven - Violin Concerto and Symphony n°7 │ Label Aparté, October 2010
- Schoenberg and Strauss – ‘’Metamorphoses’’ │ Label Naïve Classique - Ambroisie, January 2007
- David Grimal, Founder and artistic director
Notes and referencesEdit
- La Croix, 20/03/2013 (Consulted on July 11th 2014)
- Télérama, 15/10/2011 Archived 2014-08-10 at the Wayback Machine. (Consulted on July 11th 2014)
- Le Figaro, 10/12/2010 (Consulted on July 11th 2014)
- Les Inrockuptibles, 20/12/2011 (Consulted on July 11th 2014)
- FEVIS’s Official Website (Consulted on July 11th 20142014)