Lembit Ulfsak (4 July 1947 – 22 March 2017) was a prominent Estonian stage and film actor. Ulfsak starred in the 2014 film Tangerines which was nominated for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 87th Academy Awards. It was also among the five nominated films at the 72nd Golden Globe Awards for Best Foreign Language Film. Ulfsak died on 22 March 2017, at the age of 69.
4 July 1947
|Died||22 March 2017 (aged 69)|
|Alma mater||Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre|
He has appeared in almost 100 films, among them:
- Ukuaru (1973)
- Legenda o Tile (1977)
- Karge meri (1981)
- Dear, Dearest, Beloved, Unique... (1984)
- Mary Poppins, Goodbye (1984)
- Sofia Kovalevskaya (1985)
- In search of Captain Grant (1986)
- Candles in the Dark (1993)
- Firewater (1994)
- The Heart of the Bear (2001)
- Vedma (The Power of Fear) (2006)
- Lotte and the Moonstone Secret (2011)
- Ice Age (2002 film) Estonian version, voice cast for mammoth Manny (2012)
- Ice Age: The Meltdown Estonian version, voice cast
- Tangerines (2013)
- The Fencer (2015)
- The Eternal Road (2017)
- Rollberg, Peter (2008). Historical Dictionary of Russian and Soviet Cinema. Scarecrow Press. pp. 713–714. ISBN 978-0-8108-6268-5.
- "Croatia, Serbia, Finland and Estonia have announced their nominations for the category". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "Oscar Nominations 2015: See The Full List". Huffington Post. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- 72ND ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE® AWARDS NOMINEES ANNOUNCED. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "Suri armastatud näitleja Lembit Ulfsak".
|This article about an Estonian actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|