Lee Freeman (police officer)
Lee Freeman is the current chief constable of Humberside Police. He was Temporary Deputy Chief Constable immediately after the previous Chief Constable, Justine Curran, stepped down. Freeman was promoted into the role of Chief Constable for Humberside in June 2017.
|Known for||Chief Constable of Humberside Police June 2017–|
Freeman joined the City of London Police in 1993, transferring to Lincolnshire Police in 1996. Having applied for the Accelerated Promotion Course in 1999 whilst still a constable, Freeman was successful and promoted to Sgt in September 2000. Remaining in Lincolnshire, he gained promotion to Inspector, Chief Inspector and then to Superintendent in 2005. A spell as an Assistant Director at Lincolnshire County Council preceded his promotion to Chief Supt as Divisional Commander for South Division in 2010, with further spells as the Divisional Commander for West Division amd also Head of Local Policing following a major force restructure. In August 2013, he stepped up to Assistant Chief Constable for Local Policing in Lincolnshire for 18 months. Freeman successfully applied for the vacant assistant chief constable post in Humberside Police in 2015 and moved from Lincolnshire, where he had been working previously. He was given the temporary Deputy Chief Constables post in February 2017 after the previous chief constable, Justine Curran, retired early when she was advised to consider her position by the Police and crime commissioner for the Humberside area, Keith Hunter. Freeman applied for the subsequent vacant Chief's job and was duly promoted into the rank of chief constable in June 2017.
In January 2019, Freeman and the Police and Crime Commissioner for Humberside, agreed that he would serve a temporary secondment to the Cleveland Police. The three-month secondment arose because of the sudden resignation of Chief Constable Mike Veale.
- "Force name preferred chief constable". BBC News. 30 May 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- Elliott, David (30 May 2017). "Humberside Police reveal preferred Chief Constable candidate". Scunthorpe Telegraph. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- "Two New Chief Officers Appointed | Humberside Police". www.lbd.uk.com. 13 April 2015. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- "Internal candidate chosen as Humberside Police Chief Constable". The Yorkshire Post. 30 May 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- Prest, Victoria (26 June 2017). "New boss for Humberside Police". York Press. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- Robinson, Calvin (26 June 2017). "Humberside Police announce new Chief Constable". Scunthorpe Telegraph. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- Hetherington, Graeme (25 January 2019). "Chief constable resigns amid 'serious allegations'". Darlington & Stockton Times (04–2019). p. 2. ISSN 2516-5348.
- Robinson, Hannah (26 June 2017). "Lee Freeman named as new Humberside Police chief constable". Hull Daily Mail. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
| Chief Constable of Humberside Police
|This law enforcement–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|