|• Total||5.65 km2 (2.18 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Ledine is the westernmost settlement in the municipality, formerly developed as a sort of an informal settlement outside the projected area of the city of New Belgrade. Today it is urbanistically connected to the neighborhoods of Bežanija and Dr Ivan Ribar by the narrow urban strip along Vionogradska and Surčinska streets. The settlement itself is built between these two streets, both of which connect Belgrade and Surčin and along which a continuous built-up area of Belgrade-Ledine-Surčin is being formed.
The settlement began to develop in 1961. It was formed as a result of the resettlement of inhabitants from Jatagan Mala, a shanty town in old part of Belgrade, across the Sava river. Jatagan Mala was demolished in the process of city beautification due to the First Summit of the Non-Aligned countries.
Ledine experiences all the problems of the non-planned neighborhoods of Belgrade, mostly concerning communal problems. The population of the settlement was 6,813 in 2011.
As the settlement originated on barren meadows outside any urban area, it got the descriptive name ledine, Serbian for the heaths.
Ledine is also site of the Jewish memorial cemetery, commemorating killing of 240–450 Jews and Roma by the German occupational forces from October 1941 to February 1942 in the nearby small valley called Trostruki surduk. The memorial was built on 20 October 1964 and in 1992, it was declared a cultural monument. The memorial was restored in 2008.
- Tamara Marinković-Radošević (2007). Beograd - plan i vodič. Belgrade: Geokarta. ISBN 86-459-0006-8.
- Beograd - plan grada. Smedrevska Palanka: M@gic M@p. 2006. ISBN 86-83501-53-1.
- Dejan Aleksić (12 April 2017), "Od prestoničke spavaonice do poslovnog grada" [From capital's dormitory to business city], Politika (in Serbian)
- E.A. (24 October 2017). "Vladali prostitucija i nasilje: Policija u ovaj deo Beograda nije smela ni da kroči" [Ruled by prostitution and violence: Police was not allowed to enter this part of Belgrade] (in Serbian). Alo.rs.
- Osnovni skupovi stanovništva u zemlji – SFRJ, SR i SAP, opštine i mesne zajednice 31.03.1981, tabela 191. Savezni zavod za statistiku (txt file). 1983.
- Stanovništvo prema migracionim obeležjima – SFRJ, SR i SAP, opštine i mesne zajednice 31.03.1991, tabela 018. Savezni zavod za statistiku (txt file). 1983.
- Popis stanovništva po mesnim zajednicama, Saopštenje 40/2002, page 4. Zavod za informatiku i statistiku grada Beograda. 26 July 2002.
- Stanovništvo po opštinama i mesnim zajednicama, Popis 2011. Grad Beograd – Sektor statistike (xls file). 23 April 2015.
- Obnovljen spomenik na Ledinama
- Dimitrije Bukvić, "Obnova Jevrejskog groblja na Ledinama", Politika (in Serbian)