This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lecherous Limericks is the first of several compilations of dirty limericks by celebrated author Isaac Asimov (1920–1992). The book contains 100 limericks. The first limerick in the collection is:
Asimov comments in that limerick's introduction that “This one marked the beginning. I composed it on the Queen Elizabeth II when returning from a visit to Great Britain in June 1974. When I recited it, everyone laughed. Since that time I have been writing down limericks. I wasn't going to let myself forget them and lose laughs.”
Subsequent limerick books by AsimovEdit
- Asimov, Isaac (1976). More Lecherous Limericks. ISBN 978-0802705150.
- Asimov, Isaac (1977). Still More Lecherous Limericks. ISBN 978-0802771063.
- Asimov, Isaac (1978). Asimov's Sherlockian Limericks. ISBN 978-0892960392.
- Asimov, Isaac; Ciardi, John (1981). A Grossery of Limericks. ISBN 978-0393331127.
- Asimov, Isaac (1984). Isaac Asimov's Limericks for Children. ISBN 978-0898452396.
|This poetry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|