LeadGenius is a privately held software as a service, marketing automation, and demand generation startup located in Berkeley, California. The company uses a combination of artificial intelligence and human computation to identify and communicate with targeted sales leads. The company's crawlers comb through websites, business directories, government filings, and credit data to train a machine learning system for business-to-business sales.
|Industry||Sales intelligence, Software as a Service|
|North America |
|Mark Godley: CEO |
Prayag Narula: Founder & Chairman
Number of employees
The company launched in Y Combinator’s Summer 2011 class under the name MobileWorks. It has since raised $6 million in venture funding from investors such as Sierra Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Alexis Ohanian, Mitch Kapor, Dave McClure, and Sam Altman.
- "LeadGenius corporate website". Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "For LeadGenius team, artificial intelligence drives better sales leads". San Francisco Business Times. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "7 innovative companies using AI to disrupt their industries. website". Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Crowdsourcing grows up as online workers unite". New Scientist. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "Berkeley startup MobileWorks revolutionizes outsourcing". ABC News. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- "Putting veterans to work". NBC, Bay Area. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- "LeadGenius grabs $6M because hiring an actual sales team is so last season". VentureBeat. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "LeadGenius racks up $6 mln". Reuters. Retrieved 14 January 2015.
- "Sales and marketing startup LeadGenius raises $10M". TechCrunch. Retrieved 28 July 2016.