Le grand soir (film)
Le Grand Soir (French pronunciation: [lə ɡʁɑ̃ swaʁ]) is a 2012 French-Belgian comedy-drama film directed by Benoît Delépine and Gustave de Kervern. The film competed in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival where it won the Special Jury Prize. It won the Magritte Award for Best Costume Design.
|Le Grand Soir|
|Directed by||Benoît Delépine|
Gustave de Kervern
|Produced by||Jean-Pierre Guérin|
|Written by||Benoît Delépine |
Gustave de Kervern
|Music by||Les Wampas|
|Edited by||Stéphane Elmadjian|
|Distributed by||Ad Vitam (France)|
|Box office||$2.9 million|
Not is a notorious punk while his brother Jean-Pierre leads a square life as a salesman. One day Not realises that his brother needs some support. Jean-Pierre struggles with his job and also fails when he tries to save his marriage. Not teaches his brother to survive after all.
- Benoît Poelvoorde as Not
- Albert Dupontel as Jean-Pierre Bonzini
- Brigitte Fontaine as Mother – Marie-Annick Bonzini
- Areski Belkacem as Father – René Bonzini
- Bouli Lanners as the security guard
- Serge Larivière as the director of the 'Grand Litier'
- Stéphanie Pillonca as Jean-Pierre's ex-wife
- Miss Ming as the mute young woman
- Chloé Mons as the punk girl
- Yolande Moreau as the punk girl's mother
- Gérard Depardieu as Juvénal
- Didier Wampas as himself
- Noël Godin as the husband
- Denis Barthe as the barkeeper
- Vincent Tavier as client of the 'Grand Litier'
- Alain Magnan as the bride's father
- "Le grand soir (2012)". JP Box Office. Retrieved 18 October 2017.
- "2012 Official Selection". Cannes. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- "2012 Cannes Film Festival line-up announced!". Total Film. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- Cannes (27 May 2012). "Awards 2012". festival-cannes.fr. Cannes Film Festival. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- Leurquin, Anne-Sophie (2 February 2013). "Quatre Magritte pour " A perdre la raison "". Le Soir (in French). Archived from the original on 4 February 2013. Retrieved 3 February 2013.