Coordinates: 42°28′35″N 96°10′29″W / 42.476311°N 96.174584°W
Lawton–Bronson Community School District is a rural public school district in Iowa. It has two schools: Lawton–Bronson Elementary School in Bronson and Lawton–Bronson Jr./Sr. High School in Lawton.
|Lawton–Bronson Community School District|
|Type||Local school district|
|NCES District ID||1916440|
|Students and staff|
|Athletic conference||Western Valley|
|Colors||Black and Yellow |
Almost all of the district is in Woodbury County, with a small part in Plymouth County.
The school mascot is the Eagles, and the colors are black and yellow.
The district was established on July 1, 1966, by the merger of the Lawton and Bronson districts; the latter was an elementary-only district.
Lawton–Bronson Junior/Senior High SchoolEdit
The Eagles compete in the Western Valley Activities Conference in the following sports:
- Cross country
- Track and field
- Boys' 1991 Class 1A State Champions
- ^ a b c d e f "Lawton-Bronson Comm School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 15, 2021.
- ^ "Contact". Lawton–Bronson Community School District. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- ^ "Lawton-Bronson" (PDF). Iowa Department of Education. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- ^ "REORGANIZATION & DISSOLUTION ACTIONS SINCE 1965-66" (PDF). Iowa Department of Education. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2019-02-09. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- ^ "Western Valley Conference". Western Valley Activities Conference. Retrieved 2020-09-01.
- ^ "2020 IHSAA Track & Field Stat Book" (PDF). Iowa High School Athletic Association. 2019-12-16. Retrieved 2020-09-01.
- Lawton–Bronson Community School District
- Lawton-Bronson Community School District at the Wayback Machine (archive index)