|Full name||Laurent Jean Charvet|
|Date of birth||8 May 1973|
|Place of birth||Béziers, France|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
|1998||→ Chelsea (loan)||11||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Charvet began his career at Cannes in 1994. Between then and 1997 he appeared 99 times for the club and scored 19 goals. In the 1997–98 season he was loaned out to the English Premier League team Chelsea for whom he appeared 11 times, scoring two goals in defeats to West Ham and Leeds. He was an unused substitute in Chelsea's UEFA Cup Winners' Cup final win over VfB Stuttgart.
In 1998 he was sold to Newcastle United for £750,000. Between that time and the year 2000 he played 40 times for the team and scored 1 goal against Middlesbrough. Whilst at Newcastle he played in the 1999 FA Cup Final.
Charvet signed a four-year contract with Manchester City at the start of the 2000–01 season following a £1 million transfer from Newcastle, joining as a replacement for out of form Richard Edghill. He, however, was unable to be the right back many City fans had hoped for and lost his place in the team. The following season, Kevin Keegan replaced Joe Royle as manager and Charvet was given his chance again. But in the 3-5-2 formation that Keegan adopted, Shaun Wright-Phillips was preferred to the Frenchman in the right wing-back position as was Edghill. Charvet played for City 23 times, scoring once. He left the club by mutual consent in October 2002 having made just three appearances for the club under Keegan.
- "Entreprise Lokaten à Caille (06750)" [Company Lokaten in Caille (06750)]. Figaro Entreprises (in French). Société du Figaro. 24 December 2018. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
"Laurent Charvet". BFM Business (in French). Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Laurent Charvet". worldfootball.net. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- Laurent Charvet – French league stats at LFP
- White, Clive (14 March 1998). "Chelsea are left to rue Gullit's legacy of squad rotation". The Independent. ESI Media. Retrieved 17 January 2010.
- Shaw, Phil (8 April 1998). "Hasselbaink double keeps Leeds in frame". The Independent. ESI Media. Retrieved 17 January 2010.
- Donoghue, John (6 December 1998). "Boro denied by deft Dabizas". The Independent. ESI Media. Retrieved 17 January 2010.
- Laurent Charvet at Soccerbase
- "Charvet leaves City". The Guardian. Guardian News and Media. 17 October 2002. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "Charvet in Sochaux talks". Sky Sports. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "Charvet completes Sochaux deal". Sky Sports. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "Charvet signs for Sochaux". UEFA. 13 January 2003. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- Saint Hilaire (19 March 2009). "Cannes Charvet reprend du service à Grasse | Cannes" (in French). Nice-Matin. Retrieved 26 July 2013.[dead link]