Larry LeBlanc is a music journalist who wrote hundreds of articles about the music industry in Canada as the Canadian bureau chief of Billboard as well as a number of other publications, and contributed to the development of the National Music Centre in Calgary. He is currently senior writer of the weekly U.S. entertainment trade CelebrityAccess, where he is responsible for the series "In The Hot Seat". He is the recipient of a 2013 Juno Special Achievement Award.
From 1970 to 1980, LeBlanc edited Canadian articles for the magazine Record World. During the late 1970s and early 1980s he hosted the Sunday afternoon radio program Backstage Pass on Q107 in Toronto, where he introduced many New Wave and Punk acts to his audience. In 1981, he co-founded the music industry magazine The Record.
LeBlanc was the Canadian bureau chief for Billboard Magazine from 1991 to 2007.
In 2015 LeBlanc worked as a consultant during the development of the new National Music Centre in Calgary, Alberta. In 2016 he was a writer for the magazine Celebrity Access and also hosted a show on CBC Radio entitled "Larry and the three Wise Men".
Currently LeBlanc is the senior writer of the weekly U.S. entertainment trade CelebrityAccess, where he is responsible for the series "In The Hot Seat". Additionally he was a six-year board member of the Mariposa Folk Festival in Orillia, Ontario, and a Lifetime Member of the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
- "Doing the Full Mountie at the Junos". Huffington Post, Sean Wainsteim, 04/21/2013
- "Chet Flippo, Longtime Music Writer, Former Billboard Nashville Bureau Chief, Dies at 69". Hollywood Reporter, 6/19/2013 by Melinda Newman,
- John Einarson (6 September 2011). Four Strong Winds: Ian and Sylvia. McClelland & Stewart. pp. 263–. ISBN 978-0-7710-3040-6.
- "Music journalist Larry LeBlanc to be honoured at Junos". 680 News, April 18, 2013
- Worth, Liz (2011). Treat Me Like Dirt: An Oral History of Punk in Toronto and Beyond, 1977-1981. ECW Press. ISBN 9781770900554.
- "Stop the music:. Toronto Star By Dave LeBlanc, January 6, 2008
- "Larry LeBlanc, making the Canadian Music Hall of Fame happen". Brad Wheeler, TORONTO — The Globe and Mail, July 26, 2015
- "Music From Far and Wide: Celebrating 40 Years of the Juno Awards" - Benjamin Boles, Now Magazine, October 21, 2010
- "Larry and the Three Wise Men". CBC Music, Carole Warren, September 16, 2016
- "Sam Feldman: Canada's Wise Guy Is King of the Road". FYI Music News, September 27, 2016 by David Farrell
- "In the Hot Seat with Larry LeBlanc" Archived 2011-08-08 at the Wayback Machine - CelebrityAccess