Laketran is the transit agency that serves Lake County, Ohio, the county northeast of Cleveland. It is the third-largest transit system in Northeast Ohio, serving Mentor, Painesville, Willoughby, Wickliffe. Eastlake, Fairport Harbor, Madison and other Lake County destinations.
Laketran 1997 New Flyer C35LF. Powered by a Detroit Diesel Series 50G with an Allison B400R ATEC transmission.
|Headquarters||555 Lakeshore Boulevard|
Painesville, Ohio 44077
|Service area||Lake County|
|Alliance||Free transfer with Greater Cleveland RTA|
|Routes||Local Routes:1-6, Park-n-Ride:10-13|
|Destinations||Madison, Perry, Painesville, Painesville Twp., Fairport Harbor, Concord, Painesville, Mentor, Kirtland, Kirtland Hills, Willoughby, Eastlake, Timberlake, Lakeline, Willowick, Wickliffe, Willoughby Hills, downtown Cleveland and limited Cuyahoga County medical facilities|
|Stations||Painesville Transfer Center, Great Lakes Mall Transfer Center, Shoregate Shopping Center, Wickliffe Park-n-Ride|
|Fleet||2016, 2004 MCI; 2010 Gillig; 2009 New Flyer; paratransit buses|
|Fuel type||Diesel fuel, propane|
|Chief executive||Ben Capelle|
Laketran was established as the Regional Transit Authority for Lake County in 1974. Laketran's services include local Routes 1-6, Park-n-Ride Routes 10-13, commuter express routes to downtown Cleveland, and Dial-a-Ride, a door-to-door demand response paratransit service.
Laketran is funded by a quarter of a percent sales tax, fare revenue, Federal aid for capital expenses, and State assistance.
Laketran received an Outstanding Achievement Award from the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) for systems carrying more than one million passengers annually, twice: in 2000  and 2005. Laketran connects to Greater Cleveland RTA at Shoregate Shopping Center (Route #39) and at East 276th Street and Euclid Avenue (Route #28).
With the addition of the New Flyer C35LF, Laketran also operates a fleet of MCI (Motor Coach Industries) D4000's for Park-n-Ride commuter service to and from Cleveland. Laketran also operates a fleet of cutaway buses manufactured by Tesco Bus on light routes and Dial-a-Ride paratransit service. In 2009, Laketran purchased a fleet of New Flyer XN35s and are currently operating them. Laketran also operates a fleet of smaller size low floor Gillig buses purchased in 2010. In 2017, Laketran introduced propane-fueled paratransit vans to its Dial-a-Ride fleet.
Laketran's hours of operation for local routes are Monday-Friday:6am-8pm, Saturday:8am-7pm. Laketran does not operate on Sundays. Laketran is open on Martin Luther King Day, Presidents' Day, Columubus Day and Veterans Day and closed for the remaining federal holidays.
- - Painesville, Mentor, Great Lakes Mall, Lakeland Community College
- - Mentor, Willoughby, Wickliffe, Euclid
- - Great Lakes Mall, Lakeland Community College, Mentor – Wickliffe
- - Madison, Painesville
- - Fairport & Painesville Circulators
- - Shops of Willoughby Hills, Shoregate, Lakeland Community College, Great Lakes Mall via Vine St.
- - Campus Loop
Park-n-Ride to ClevelandEdit
- "Transportation choices". EcoCity Cleveland. April 18, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-18.
- "Transit Industry Awards Presented At APTA Annual Meeting" (Press release). American Public Transportation Association. September 26, 2000. Archived from the original on April 14, 2001. Retrieved 2007-04-18.
- "2005 APTA Public Transportation Award Winners". American Public Transportation Association. March 6, 2006. Archived from the original on 2006-10-23. Retrieved 2007-04-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Laketran.|
|This article about transportation in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|