Lakeridge Health is a health system and hospital network serving Durham Region, Ontario in the eastern part of the Greater Toronto Area. It operates four acute hospitals with emergency departments (Lakeridge Health Bowmanville, Lakeridge Health Oshawa, Lakeridge Health Port Perry, Lakeridge Health Ajax and Pickering), one specialty hospital with a regional mandate (Lakeridge Health Whitby) and a variety of offsite locations. Lakeridge Health is part of the Central East Local Health Integration Network (CE LHIN).
After a recommendation from the Health Services Restructuring Commission in 1998, the Ontario government amalgamated four Durham area hospitals: Memorial Hospital Bowmanville, North Durham Health Services (consisting of Community Memorial Hospital Port Perry and Uxbridge Cottage Hospital), Oshawa General Hospital and Whitby General Hospital – to create what is now known as Lakeridge Health. In January 2004, the Uxbridge site became aligned with Markham Stouffville Hospital and left the Lakeridge grouping.
The Chief Executive Officer is Matthew Anderson.
Lakeridge Health offers primary, secondary, tertiary and post-acute care in inpatient and ambulatory settings. Services differ at the acute hospital sites, from the predominantly General Practitioner (GP)- based services at Lakeridge Health Port Perry to the very high acuity services provided at Lakeridge Health Oshawa by physician specialists and interprofessional teams.
Services provided across Lakeridge Health are organized into eight clinical programs:
- Emergency and Critical Care
- Maternal Child
- Addictions & Mental Health
- Post-Acute Specialty Services (PASS)
- Regional Cancer Services
- Regional Nephrology System/Durham Region Diabetes Network
- "Central East Local Health Integration Network". Central East LHIN.
- "Ajax-Pickering hospital Lakeridge Health merger". Durhamregion.com.
- "New Lakeridge Health CEO officially on the job". Durhamregion.com.
- "Ontario health ministry on high alert amid global cyberattack | Toronto Star". thestar.com. Retrieved 2017-05-15.