Lake Spaulding Dam
It impounds the South Fork of the Yuba River, which originates near Donner Pass. At the time of construction it was the highest dam in California, and one of ten PG&E hydroelectric facilities. The nearby settlement of Camp Spaulding, California was established to house workers.
- "Lake Spaulding 97-029 Dam". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Dams Within the Jurisdiction of the State of California (H-M)" (PDF). California Department of Water Resources, Division of Safety of Dams. Retrieved November 4, 2012.
- "Biographical Memoir of John Ripley Freeman, 1855–1932" (PDF). National Academy of Sciences. Retrieved November 15, 2014.
- Cassier's engineering monthly, Volumes 43-44, page 107
- The Electric journal, Volume 12, by Electric Club, Westinghouse Club, page 265
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-05-16. Retrieved 2012-07-28.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)