Laforrest H. Thompson
Laforrest Holman Thompson was born in Bakersfield, Vermont on January 6, 1848. He was educated at Kimball Union Academy, taught school while studying law, was admitted to the bar in 1871, and opened a practice in Irasburg.
In 1880 and 1882 Thompson was Irasburg's member of the Vermont House of Representatives. In 1884 Thompson was elected to the Vermont Senate. He served one term, 1884 to 1885, and was the Senate's President Pro Tem.
Thompson's son Frank D. Thompson also served on the Vermont Supreme Court. Frank Thompson was married to Mabel Miles, whose father Willard W. Miles was also an Associate Justice of the Vermont Supreme Court.
- Jacob G. Ullery, editor, Men of Vermont Illustrated, page 397
- Samuel Lankton Geroud, editor, The General Catalogue and a Brief History of Kimball Union Academy, 1880, page 265
- Vermont Secretary of State, Vermont Legislative Directory, 1884, page 43
- A. N. Marquis & Company, publisher, Who's Who in America (1899-1900), 1899, page 725
- Hiram Carleton, Editor, Genealogical and Family History of the State of Vermont, Volume 2, 1903, pages 171 to 172
- Thomas William Herringshaw, editor, Herringshaw's National Library of American Biography], 1914, page 449
- Frederick W. Baldwin, editor, History of "Bank of Orleans," "Irasburgh National Bank of Orleans," "Barton National Bank," "Barton Savings Bank," "Barton Savings Bank and Trust Company," 1916, page 113
- Prentiss Cutler Dodge, editor, Encyclopedia of Vermont Biography, 1912, page 88
- New York Times, Newspaper article, Death List of a Day, June 23, 1900
- Janice Boyko Archived 2012-04-07 at the Wayback Machine, Vermont Northeast Kingdom Genaology listings for Irasburg Cemetery, 2006
- "Death Notice, Frank Dutton Thompson" (PDF). The Scroll of Phi Delta Theta. Menasha, WI: Phi Delta Theta Fraternity. September 1940. p. 86.
- "Death Notice, Frank Dutton Thompson", p. 86.
| President pro tempore of the Vermont State Senate
1884 – 1885
Henry C. Bates