Colleen Martin (born December 23, 1975), professionally known as Lady Starlight, is an American musical performer. She has toured three times and is best known for her numerous collaborations with Lady Gaga. Besides her own performances, she also started to perform together with Surgeon (Anthony Child).
Lady Starlight performing as an opening act of the Dirty Showbiz Tour in 2010.
|Birth name||Colleen Martin|
|Born||December 23, 1975|
New York, U.S.
Relationship with Lady GagaEdit
Lady Starlight is best known in relation to Lady Gaga, having met the performer during a Manhattan party. The two became good friends and Starlight helped Gaga in making the "elaborate onstage costumes" for which she is now known. The two hosted a weekly party entitled New York Street Revival and Trash Dance, in which they performed songs from the 1970s and 1980s. Their "outrageous performances" included lighting hairspray cans on fire and go-go dancing. The two then performed in 2007 as Lady Gaga and the Starlight Revue, "a surprise hit", where Starlight played 1970s glam and metal records between Gaga's pop songs. The pair performed at the 2007 Lollapalooza music festival. Starlight has influenced Lady Gaga's career and her on-stage persona.
- HerrJordan (December 3, 2014). "Watch Surgeon and Lady Starlight open for Lady Gaga in full". Resident Advisor. Retrieved April 21, 2016.
- Wilson, Rich. "Artist Biography by Rich Wilson". AllMusic. Retrieved February 11, 2019.
- "Starlight shines on Gaga - The West Australian". Yahoo! News. June 29, 2012. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "DJ: 'I was Lady GaGa's mentor' - Music News". Digital Spy. November 25, 2009. Archived from the original on January 28, 2010. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- Hobart, Erika (November 18, 2008). "Lady GaGa: Some Like it Pop". Seattle Weekly. Retrieved January 10, 2009.
- Classic Rock (online) Archived June 22, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, April 16, 2012.
- D'Souza, Nandini (October 18, 2007). "Going Ga-Ga for Lady Gaga". W Magazine. Archived from the original on May 25, 2012. Retrieved January 3, 2009. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "PopEater.com". Archived from the original on September 2, 2010. Retrieved August 31, 2010.
- Cassis, Christine (February 22, 2010). "Meet the woman who inspired Lady Gaga". Thaindian News. Retrieved February 3, 2010.
- "Operator - Single by Lady Starlight on iTunes". iTunes Store. Retrieved May 5, 2016.
- "Stroboscopic Artefacts Welcomes Lady Starlight". XLR8R. Retrieved February 14, 2018.
- Which One of Us Is Me? - EP by Lady Starlight, January 15, 2018, retrieved April 23, 2018