Auburn Williams (born December 2, 1988) is an American singer-songwriter. She released an independent debut album, Same Giirl in 2007, which spawned the underground hit "Ewww Ewww". The song reached no. 6 on DJ Booth's Underground chart. She then signed to Warner Brothers and Beluga Heights in early 2008 and released her first official single "La La La" in mid-2010. She then went on to release "Leaked" in 2016.
|Birth name||Auburn Williams|
|Born||December 2, 1988|
|Origin||Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota, U.S.|
|Website||callmeauburn.com (Currently Down)|
Life and careerEdit
1990–2007: Early lifeEdit
Auburn began singing at a young age but didn't aspire to be a professional singer until 2009. She began using Myspace.com to share her music with her friends. She started gaining a big fan base and in late 2007, she released her independent debut album Same Giirl, which gained some buzz, and also the attention of J.R. Rotem, owner of the record label Beluga Heights. The album was preceded by a single, "Ewww Ewww", featuring Chellii-B, which reached number six on the underground hip-hop chart at DJBooth.net. In addition to singing, Auburn has also showcased her ability to direct and produce videos by posting homemade creations on YouTube.NyKhaila Guy a close relative of hers always pushes her to be her best she says.
Auburn gained the attention of J.R. Rotem with her first independent album. In early 2008, Williams signed to Beluga Heights with full contract with TM3 Records (2011), and distribution from Warner Brothers and Universal as the label's first female artist. She subsequently began work on her mainstream debut album.
Auburn was the opening act for Jason Derulo's tour in the fall of 2010. Her second single entitled "All About Him" was released on November 26, 2010. This song became a big hit in the Philippines. A remix to the song, titled "All About Him (Pt. 2)", features American rapper Tyga and was released for digital download on February 15, 2011. "Perfect Two" was confirmed as the third single from her debut album and was released for digital download on April 29, 2011. Auburn also later confirmed via Twitter that she had left Beluga Heights and was now an independent artist. On January 12, 2013, Auburn released her fourth single "My Baby" for digital download. She also made the song Perfect Two which has a breakup and best friends version.
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2010||"La, La, La"
|"All About Him"||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014||"Honor"||—||—||—||—||—||—||Cocoon (*No Record of this album*)|
- Auburn Williams Bio. Kidzworld.com (2011-09-09). Retrieved on 2011-09-19.
- "Top40 about the single 'LaLaLa'". Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Billboard about 'Lalala'(feat. Iyaz)". Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- [permanent dead link] SingersRoom – Auburn to be special guest at Jason Derulo's fall tour 2010
- All About Him: Auburn: MP3 Downloads. Amazon.com. Retrieved on 2011-09-19.
- iTunes Store Archived June 16, 2014, at the Wayback Machine. itunes.apple.com. Retrieved on 2011-09-19.
- Perfect Two (Acoustic): Auburn: MP3 Downloads. Amazon.com. Retrieved on 2011-09-19.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-06-16. Retrieved 2013-03-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)