The LTPP International Data Analysis Contest or the LTPP Data Analysis Contest is an annual international data analysis contest held by the American Society of Civil Engineers and Federal Highway Administration. As the name suggests, the participants are supposed to use the LTPP data in their analysis. The winners of this data analysis contest are announced in the early January during the Transportation Research Board annual meeting.
The LTPP database contains the data of more than 2500 road sections across the US and Canada. The FHWA and ASCE launched a joint effort to encourage researchers around the world to use the LTPP data. The contest was first introduced in 1998 by the Transportation and Development Institute (T&DI) of the American Society of Civil Engineers and the LTPP of FHWA. The goal of the contest is to encourage consultants, academics and data scientists around the world to use the LTPP database for generating knowledge about the behaviour of pavements and roads.
The LTPP data analysis contest has four different categories:
- Undergraduate Student Category
- Graduate Category
- Partnership Category
- Challenge Category (Aramis Lopez Challenge)
The first two categories are limited to students. The participants of all categories are required to summarize their work within an article.
|Years||Winner(s) of challenge category||Affiliation|
|2019-20||Fengdi Guo||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|2017-18||Hongren Gong, Baoshan Huang and Yiren Sun|
|2016–17||S. Madeh Piryonesi and Tamer El-Diraby ||University of Toronto|
|2015–16||Michael Elwardany, Kangjin Lee, Jung Hwa Lee, and Coleman Brown |
|2014–15||Xueqin Chen |
|2013–14||Changwei Xu ||University of Cambridge|
- Nehme, Jean (September 29, 2016). "LTPP International Data Analysis Contest". Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved October 22, 2017.
- "T&DI ANNOUNCES WINNERS OF LONG-TERM PAVEMENT PERFORMANCE (LTPP) INTERNATIONAL DATA ANALYSIS CONTEST". ASCE. Retrieved Nov 3, 2017.
- "WINNERS OF 2016–17 LTPP CONTEST ANNOUNCED". ASCE. Retrieved Jan 19, 2018.
- "Data.Gov:Long-Term Pavement Performance (LTPP)". May 26, 2016. Retrieved November 10, 2017.
- "FHWA Announces LTPP Data Analysis Contest". American Concrete Pavement Association. Archived from the original on November 7, 2017. Retrieved Nov 3, 2017.
- "Winners of the 2019–2020 Long-Term Pavement Performance (LTPP) Data Analysis Student Contest | ASCE". www.asce.org. Retrieved 2021-01-13.
- "ASCE: Winners of LTPP Data Analysis Contest 2017-18 (January 2019)".
- "Winners of 2016-17 LTPP Contest Announced | ASCE". www.asce.org. Archived from the original on 2018-01-19.
- "The road less travelled". 23 February 2018.
- "LTPP Newsletter - LTPP Newsletter , January-March 2017 - FHWA-HRT-17-103".
- "T&DI Announces Winners of LTPP International Data Analysis Contest | ASCE". www.asce.org. Archived from the original on 2017-06-21.
- "T&DI Announces Winners of Long-Term Pavement Performance (LTPP) International Data Analysis Contest | ASCE". www.asce.org. Archived from the original on 2017-06-21.
- "LTPP Newsletter - LTPP Newsletter , January-June 2015 - FHWA-HRT-15-061".