KwaZulu-Natal South Coast
KwaZulu-Natal South Coast (better known as the KZN South Coast or South Coast) is a region on the southern coast of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. It stretches from Scottburgh in the north to Port Edward in the south and Harding in the west and is governed by the Ugu District Municipality.
Its main towns are Scottburgh, Pennington, Hibberdene, Port Shepstone, Margate, Southbroom and Port Edward however Port Shepstone is the municipal seat and the primary town as it is the powerhouse of the South Coast.
There have been some tourist websites stating that Amanzimtoti, south of Durban is the northernmost town of the South Coast and that it falls under the region. However KwaZulu-Natal Tourism (government agency for tourism in KZN) and Tourism South Coast (government agency for tourism in KZN South Coast) clearly states that the South Coast's northernmost town is Scottburgh and that Amanzimtoti does not fall under the South Coast. 
The region is governed by the Ugu District Municipality with its seat in Port Shepstone. The three different regions are administered by their respective local municipalities. The only exception is where the Hibiscus Coast is governed by two local municipalities:
- Hibiscus Coast- Ray Nkonyeni Local Municipality (seat: Port Shepstone) & Umzumbe Local Municipality (seat: Mtwalume)
It is divided into three subregions which are Umdoni Coast & Country, Hibiscus Coast and Harding and surrounds.
Umdoni Coast & CountryEdit
Hibiscus Coast also known as the Lower South Coast stretches from Hibberdene in the north to Port Edward in the south and Izinqolweni in the west. Hibiscus Coast is the ultimate economy booster of the South Coast due its location and as well as being home to the South Coast 's economic hub, Port Shepstone. It is known as the 'beach holiday mecca' of KwaZulu-Natal and is known for its 'unending' Hibiscus trees found along the coast.
Harding and SurroundsEdit
The KZN South Coast has nine hospitals.
- Dunstan Farell Hospital, Hibberdene
- G.J Crookes Hospital, Scottburgh
- Murchsion District Hospital, Murchison, near Port Shepstone
- Port Shepstone Regional Hospital, Port Shepstone 
- St Andrew's Provincial Hospital, Harding 
- Harding Golf Club
- Hibberdene Golf Club
- Margate Country Club
- Port Edward Country Club
- Port Shepstone Country Club
- San Lameer Golf Course, Southbroom
- Scottburgh Golf Club
- Selborne Golf Club, Pennington
- Southbroom Golf Club
- Umdoni Golf Club, Pennington
The coast is rich in terms of attractions and tourism contributes largely to the region's economy.
- Aqua Planet Dive Centre
- Butterfly Valley
- Crocworld Conservation Centre
- Margate Art Museum
- Margate Main Beach
- Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve
- Port Shepstone Lighthouse
- Port Edward Lighthouse
- Pure Venom
- Red Desert Nature Conservation Area
- Riverbend Crocodile Farm
- Stephward Estate Exotic Nursery
- St Micheals on Sea Beach
- Aliwal Shoal
- Umtamvuna Nature Reserve
- Wild Waves Water Park
The main towns or places in the Kwazulu-Natal South Coast includes: 
The N2 runs parallel on the coast from Port Shepstone and northwards and inland from Port Shepstone to Kokstad and southwards to Cape Town. The largest traffic volumes pass along the N2 towards Port Shepstone, and further towards Kokstad, as well as the R61 from Port Shepstone towards Port Edward. Large volumes of traffic also pass along the R612 from Park Rynie to Ixopo, and the road from Umtentweni to St Faith’s.
The South Coast has its own toll route called the "South Coast Toll Road" which is situated on the N2 between "Durban South" and Southbroom. It includes three toll plazas:
- Izotsha Ramp Toll Plaza, Shelly Beach
- Oribi Toll Plaza, Port Shepstone
- Umtentweni Ramp Toll Plaza, Umtentweni
The South Coast is served by Margate Airport which currently has flights to Johannesburg operated by CemAir. A larger alternative is King Shaka International Airport, north of Durban which has flights to other domestic destinations as well as international destinations such as Doha, Dubai, Gaborone, Istanbul, London, Lusaka, Maputo, Mauritius and Windhoek.
The newspapers in the KZN South Coast are the South Coast Herald, South Coast Fever  and South Coast Sun. In terms of radio, East Coast Radio and Ukhozi FM are the main radio stations mainly serving the whole province of KwaZulu-Natal.
- "Destinations - South Coast". www.zulu.org.za.
- "South Coast - Umdoni Coast & Country". www.zulu.org.za.
- "South Coast - Hibiscus Coast". www.zulu.org.za.
- "South Coast - Harding & Surrounds". www.zulu.org.za.
- "Dunstan Farell hospital". www.kznhealth.gov.za.
- "G.J. Crookes Provincial Hospital". www.kznhealth.gov.za.
- "Murchison Provincial Hospital". www.kznhealth.gov.za.
- "Port Shepstone Provincial Hospital". www.kznhealth.gov.za.
- "St Andrews Provinical Hospital". www.kznhealth.gov.za.
- "G M Seaview Hospital". g-m-seaview-hospital.business.site.
- "Hibiscus Private Hospital". TravelGround.
- HxhiuRic3. "Welcome to Hibiscus Hospital". Hibiscus Hospitals.
- "Netcare Linkwood Hospital". Netcarehospitals.co.za. 2017-10-16. Retrieved 2019-06-11.
- "Home". Shelly Beach Hospital.
- Shelly Beach Hospital. "Shelly Beach Hospital". Yellow Pages. Retrieved 2019-06-11.
- "Page 7 Things To Do in South Coast". www.sa-venues.com.
- "South Coast Herald". South Coast Herald.
- "South Coast Fever". www.facebook.com.
- "South Coast Sun". South Coast Sun.