Kurt Heatherley (born 1 January 1995) is a former professional Australian rules footballer who played for the Hawthorn Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). A key defender originally from Tauranga in New Zealand, Hawthorn recruited him as a fourteen year old in 2011.
|Date of birth||1 January 1995|
|Original team(s)||Sandringham Dragons (TAC Cup)|
|Draft||No. 61, 2014 rookie draft|
Round 20, 2016, Hawthorn|
vs. Melbourne, at Melbourne Cricket Ground
|Height||193 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||89 kg (196 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2018.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Heatherley relocated to Melbourne where he completed his secondary schooling at Caulfield Grammar. This gave him the chance to development his game through school, the TAC cup and the VFL. He was formally recruited by Hawthorn as an international recruit with their fifth selection and sixty-first overall in the 2014 rookie draft.
He was promoted to the main list in 2015 after consistent performances playing for Box Hill in the VFL. He made his debut as a late replacement against Melbourne in round 20, 2016 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Following the 2018 season, Heatherley was delisted.
- Statistics are correct to the end of 2018.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Quayle, Emma (22 April 2013). "Taking the long road". The Age. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 6 August 2016.
- Jay, Clark (27 November 2013). "Hawthorn rookies teenager Shem Tatupu as one of two New Zealand scholarship holders". Herald Sun. News Corp Australia. Retrieved 6 August 2016.
- Collins, Ben (6 August 2016). "Hawthorn's Kiwi to make flying debut against Demons". AFL.com.au. Bigpond. Retrieved 6 August 2016.
- "Hawthorn Cut Trio". Triple M. Retrieved 26 September 2018.
- "'Auckland snap up AFL youngster for Mitre 10 Cup". TVNZ. 7 August 2019.
- Kurt Heatherley's player profile at AFL Tables