St Aubyn Antonio Levy (born 30 December 1993), better known as his stage name Krishane, is a Jamaican pop artist from the parish of Manchester, Jamaica. He currently lives in London and is signed to 1 2 One Entertainment who discovered and developed Krishane following his arrival to the UK from Jamaica. Krishane is also a rising star in song-writing circles worldwide, he has co-written songs for the likes of Tinie Tempah, including the UK #1 smash hit "Not Letting Go" featuring Jess Glynne. He also co-wrote "Mamacita" featuring Wizkid.
Krishane live performing at O2 Indigo, August 2017
|Birth name||St Aubyn Antonio Levy|
|Also known as||Krishane|
|Born||30 December 1993|
Krishane was born in the parish of Clarendon, Jamaica then later moved to Manchester where he was raised in the countryside town of Christiana in Jamaica and is the son of veteran reggae star Barrington Levy. Beginning his writing career as an intensely shy six year-old, it was a reluctant Krishane who was persuaded to join the school choir at the age of 11. Dubbed the ‘melodic bird’ by his music teacher, he was approached to join The Teardrops, a boy band made up of talented singers from the choir. The five- piece enjoyed some local success in Jamaica during their early teens, but when Krishane turned 16, he decided he needed to be a solo artist. After graduating from high school with first class honours, eventually Krishane was introduced to the production and publishing company, 1 2 One Entertainment, based in the UK. From there he was introduced to record selling producers and writers to help fine tune and develop his musical craft.
In October 2014, Krishane released his debut single "Drunk and Incapable" featuring vocals from Melissa Steel. The track entered at number 19, first graze in the Top 20 then shortly peaked at number 27 in the UK Singles Chart. It was officially the highest mover on the Shazam Chart and landed at number 3 on the Top 100 Shazam UK Future Hits. Following his debut single, Inconsiderate Featuring Patoranking, it's infectious vibe connected at BBC Radio 1 where it was added to In New Music We Trust as well as at Capital Xtra. Its accompanying video depicted the vibrant sights of Krishane and Patoranking’s visit to Ghana. The track scored #1 on the UK Reggae Chart and #1 on iTunes top 100 charts in a number of states in Africa. 2018 set an all new record for Krishane with the Release of Rebel Yell with highly acclaimed Dj Klingande world wide. The track gained New Music Friday in seven territories and trended in Italy for weeks back to back, it also landed in the Top 5 on the chart (#2 position).
Krishane is bringing his vibrant hybrid mix of melody infused with cultural cross over appeal, to boast his melodic versatility. An unusually gifted talent with a unique way of seeing the world, Krishane has the potential to become a worldwide star, thanks to his inimitable talent, originality and love for music. His motto "Spread The Color" is an extension of his mentality one of which represents his way of how his music impacts the world.
|"Not Letting Go"||2015||Tinie Tempah, Jess Glynne|
|"Mamacita"||2016||Tinie Tempah, Wizkid (musician)|
|"Rebel Yell"||2018||Klingande, Krishane|
|"Lock My Hips"||2018||Karmen, Krishane|
|"Play Me"||2019||Karmen, Stylo G|
|"I Think I Love It"||2019||Alexandra Stan|
- "Like Father Like Son" - Jamaica Observer
- "Official Charts Data" - Official Charts
- "BBC Radio 1Xtra 'Hot For 2015'" - BBC Radio 1Xtra
- "Krishane - Typical" - SoundCloud
- "Krishane - Drunk and Incapable feat. Melissa Steel (Official Video)" - YouTube
- iTunes (18 March 2016). "Inconsiderate (feat. Patoranking) - Single". iTunes. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- "Krishane - Found Da Boi feat. Wande Coal (Official Video)" - YouTube
- iTunes (15 December 2017). "Roses (feat. Barrington Levy) - Single". iTunes. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- "Klingande - Rebel Yell and Krishane (Official Audio)" - YouTube
- "Karmen - Lock My Hips (feat. Krishane) | (Official Video)" - YouTube
- Kevin Jackson (1 July 2015). "No Letting Go for Krishane". Jamaica Observer. Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- "Tinie Tempah". 1 2 One Entertainment. 4 July 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Klingande & Krishane - Rebel Yell (Official Video) [Ultra Music]". 1 2 One Entertainment. 5 April 2018. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "Karmen - Lock My Hips (feat. Krishane) | Official Video". 1 2 One Entertainment. 16 May 2018. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- Jonathan Currinn (20 March 2019). "Karmen Releases New Single And Music Video "Play Me" Featuring Stylo G". CelebMix. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- Jonathan Currinn (29 June 2019). "Alexandra Stan Releases Brand New Single "I Think I Love It"". CelebMix. Retrieved 30 June 2019.
- "Ariana Grande - the Honeymoon Tour at the O2 Arena in London" - THE BUDDYBOUNCE BLOG