This article needs to be updated. The reason given is: For the Koninkrijksconcert, it describes the relation with the Netherlands Antilles since 2005, but has not been updated since its dissolution in 2010.(December 2018)
Koninkrijksdag (Papiamento: Dia di Reino, English: Kingdom Day, West Frisian: Keninkryksdei) is the commemoration of the signing of the Charter for the Kingdom of the Netherlands on 15 December 1954 in Aruba, Curaçao, the Netherlands, and Sint Maarten. When 15 December falls on a Sunday, the commemoration takes place on Monday 16 December. Kingdom Day is, unlike Koningsdag (English: King's Day), not an official national holiday, but government buildings are instructed to fly the flag of the Netherlands.
|Observed by||Kingdom of the Netherlands (Netherlands, Aruba, Curaçao, and Sint Maarten)|
|Significance||The commemoration of the signing of the Charter of the Kingdom of the Netherlands|
|Date||15 December |
(If a Sunday, on Monday 16 December)
The charter was signed by Queen Juliana on 15 December 1954. The charter deals with the relation between the Netherlands and the overseas territories, the Netherlands Antilles, Netherlands New Guinea and Suriname. As of 2010, the charter governs the relationships between the Netherlands, Aruba (since 1986), Curaçao and Sint Maarten (since 2010).
Since 2005, the Koninkrijksconcert (English: Kingdom Concert) is annually held on 15 December, to celebrate the relationship between Netherlands, the Netherlands Antilles, and Aruba. At the concerts, that were held in respectively Dordrecht, Amersfoort, Nijmegen, and Curaçao, musical artists from all over the kingdom have performed.
In 2008, Naturalisatiedag (English: Naturalisation Day) in the Kingdom of the Netherlands was moved from 24 August, the day on which the Constitution of the Netherlands was signed, to 15 December, which has a symbolic meaning for all constituent countries of the kingdom. On Naturalisation Day, newly naturalized citizens officially receive their Dutch citizenship.
- "Wat is de relatie tussen Nederland, de Nederlandse Antillen en Aruba?". Postbus 51 (in Dutch). Retrieved 10 July 2009.
- "Dutch Flag Protocol (Nederlands vlaggen protocol volgens rijksoverheid.nl)". Protocolbureau (in Dutch). 10 March 2011. Retrieved 13 December 2018.
- "History of the monarchy". Royal House of the Netherlands. 17 December 2014. Retrieved 13 December 2018.
- "Koningin bij eerste Koninkrijksconcert in Dordrecht" (in Dutch). Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations. 22 November 2005. Retrieved 10 July 2009.
- "Prof. mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven bezoekt Koninkrijksconcert" (in Dutch). Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations. 5 December 2007. Retrieved 10 July 2009.
- "Koninkrijksconcert 2008 vanuit Curaçao" (in Dutch). Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations. Retrieved 10 July 2009.
- "Koninkrijksdag wordt naturalisatiedag" (in Dutch). Radio Netherlands Worldwide. Retrieved 10 July 2009.[permanent dead link]