|Died||June 19, 2007 (aged 78)|
|Occupation||Stage actor, film actor, television actor|
Wussow was born in Cammin, Province of Pomerania, Weimar Germany (modern Kamień Pomorski, Poland). His father was a teacher and cantor who died 1939 in the Second World War. Wussow had three brothers, an older and two younger (twins). His original career choice was to become a doctor. He couldn't become a doctor and so his new career choice was to become an actor.
Wussow started with the theatre. From 1964 until 1986 he was a member of the famous theatre Burgtheater in Vienna, Austria. Next to his stage work, he appeared in more than 120 film and television productions between 1958 and 2005.
Wussow was best known for his leading role as Professor Brinkmann in the ZDF medical series The Black Forest Clinic, which was one of the most successful German television series of all time. He later played another leading role as a doctor in the series Klinik unter Palmen, which ran between 1996 and 2003. In the years 2004 and 2005 the Black Forest Clinic had a new edition with two television films. In these movies he played the role of Professor Brinkmann last time, these are his last movies. He was also a writer and painter and a voice actor and announcer in radio plays and audio books. He dubbed Judge Claude Frollo in the German-language version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996).
Wussow was married four times. From 1951 until 1960 he was married to German actress Jolande Frantz. They had one daughter. From 1960 until 1991 he was married to Austrian actress Ida Krottendorf. Together they had two children, a daughter and a son (both are actors too). From 1992 until 2003 he was married to the German journalist Yvonne Viehhöver. They had one son. From 2004 until 2007 he was married to Sabine Scholz, the former wife of the German boxer Bubi Scholz, marriage ended with his death. He had an Austrian honorary citizenship and an Austrian Honorary Professor.
In his last years he was suffering from dementia after some strokes. He died in Rüdersdorf near Berlin. His grave is located in Berlin on the "Waldfriedhof Heerstrasse" cemetery.
- 1958: Blitzmädels an die Front
- 1959: Arzt aus Leidenschaft (A Doctor of Conviction)
- 1960: Agatha, Stop That Murdering!
- 1960: The Crimson Circle
- 1960: A Woman for Life
- 1960: Final Destination: Red Lantern
- 1960: Soldatensender Calais (Headquarters State Secret)
- 1961: The Last Chapter (Das letzte Kapitel)
- 1961: The Green Archer
- 1961: Im sechsten Stock
- 1962: The Hot Port of Hong Kong
- 1964: Dead Woman from Beverly Hills
- 1966: Electra One
- 1966: High Season for Spies
- 1970–1971: Der Kurier der Kaiserin (Courier of the Empress, TV series)
- 1974: Am Wege
- 1974: Sergeant Berry (TV series)
- 1975: Monika and the Sixteen Year Olds
- 1979: Goetz von Berlichingen of the Iron Hand
- 1979: Derrick - Season 6, Episode 13: "Karo As" (TV)
- 1981: Der Bockerer
- 1982: Derrick - Season 9, Episode 4: "Die Fahrt nach Lindau" (TV)
- 1983: Nägel mit Köpfen
- 1983: Vom Webstuhl zur Weltmacht (TV series)
- 1984: Derrick - Season 11, Episode 11: "Gangster haben andere Spielregeln" (TV)
- 1984–1988: The Black Forest Clinic (TV series)
- 1986: Bitte laßt die Blumen leben (Please, Let the Flowers Live)
- 1992: Die Sonne über dem Dschungel
- 1996–2003: Klinik unter Palmen (TV series)
- 2004: Die Schwarzwaldklinik – Die nächste Generation (The Black Forest Clinic – The Next Generation) (TV)
- 2005: Die Schwarzwaldklinik – Neue Zeiten (The Black Forest Clinic – New Times) (TV)