|Born||13 September 1994|
In October 2020, he competed at the iQFoil International Games held at Campione, Lake Garda.
After his Olympic win, Badloe garnered media attention for the distinctive "blue colored arrow haircut" he sported during the competition. The hairstyle was an homage to the cartoon character Aang from the Avatar: The Last Airbender series. Badloe explained the show's connection to his haircut ahead of his medal race:
It's about a kid that controls the wind, and he needs to control all different kinds of elements of nature in order to do something great, and I'm doing the same here.— Kiran Badloe
In March 2022, his portrait was added to a mural in the Schilderswijk neighbourhood of The Hague, Netherlands, alongside other Dutch competitors of the Summer or Winter Olympics and Paralympics held in 2021 and 2022.
- "RS:X World Windsurfing Championships 2019 - Men's Results RS:X". rsxclass.org. Retrieved 28 September 2019.
- "RS:X World Windsurfing Championships 2020 - Men's Results RS:X". rsxclass.org. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- Vitello, Rachele (21 October 2020). "iQFoil International Games at Campione, Lake Garda - Day 1". Sail-World. Archived from the original on 31 October 2020. Retrieved 2 November 2020.
- "Kiran Badloe wins gold in dramatic men's RSX windsurfing event".
- "The 'Real' Airbender: Dutch windsurfer Kiran Badloe's 'Avatar Aang' hairstyle at Tokyo Olympics turns heads". www.timesnownews.com. Retrieved 4 August 2021.
- O’Connor, Philip (30 July 2021). "Olympics-Sailing-'Last Airbender' Badloe in control for final RS:X gold". Reuters. Retrieved 4 August 2021.
- "Bijzonder olympisch tijdperk vereeuwigd op muurschilderingen in Haagse Schilderswijk". Algemeen Dagblad (in Dutch). 15 March 2022. Retrieved 19 March 2022.
- Kiran Badloe at World Sailing (old website)
- Kiran Badloe at Olympics.com
- Kiran Badloe at Olympedia
- Kiran Badloe at TeamNL (in Dutch)
- Kiran Badloe at NOC*NSF (in Dutch)