Kiowa Joseph Gordon (born March 25, 1990) is an American actor. He is best known for his role as Junior in the TV series The Red Road, and shapeshifter Embry Call in The Twilight Series.
Gordon at a The Twilight Saga: New Moon promotional appearance in Houston, Texas on November 10, 2009
Kiowa Joseph Gordon
March 25, 1990
Gordon was born in Berlin, Germany, where his father, Thomas Gordon, was working. He is the seventh of eight children (Mac, Sean, Aaron, Josh, Cheyenne, Sariah, Lakota). His mother, Camille Nighthorse Gordon, is also an actress. Gordon is partly of Hualapai Native American descent, and is a member of the Hualapai tribe of Northern Arizona.
His family moved back to the U.S. when he was two years old, and he grew up in Arizona, where he attended Cactus Shadows High School in Cave Creek, Arizona. He attended the LDS church for a while in the same ward as Twilight author Stephenie Meyer. Aside from acting, Kiowa is also a vocalist, and used to be a member of a progressive metal band called Touché, leaving it to focus on acting.
In 2009, Gordon played shapeshifter Embry Call in New Moon, based on Stephenie Meyer's novel of the same name. Kiowa has said that he was approached one day at church by Stephenie Meyer as she thought he would be perfect for the wolf pack. He then attended an open casting where he landed the role of Jacob Black's best friend. Gordon replaced Krys Hyatt (who played Embry in Twilight) in New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.
Gordon was set to play Brad in the proposed American film Into The Darkness, but the film never came to fruition. Gordon portrayed 2014 Jake Kingston in the thriller Wind Walkers, which tells a Native American Urban legend.
|2009||The Twilight Saga: New Moon||Embry Call|
|2010||The Twilight Saga: Eclipse||Embry Call|
|2011||Into the Darkness||Brad|
|Murder for Dummys||Andrew|
|The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn||Embry Call|
|2012||The Lesser Blessed||Johnny Beck|
|The Projectionist||Private LockLear|
|2014||The Red Road (TV Show)||Junior Van Der Veen||main cast|
|2018||Through Black Spruce||Jesse|
|2019||Roswell, New Mexico||Flint Manes||recurring role|
- Schmidt, Rob (December 2, 2009). "Our dinner with Kiowa Gordon". Newspaper Rock. Archived from the original on July 24, 2010. Retrieved July 24, 2010.
- "A Wolfpack Member makes an appearance in Salt Lake City". ABC4.com. 2010-07-23. Retrieved 2010-08-17. Cite has empty unknown parameter:
- Titla, Mary Kim (July 4, 2009). "An interview with Kiowa Gordon". Indian Country Today. Archived from the original on July 24, 2010. Retrieved July 24, 2010.
- Suetopka Thayer, Rosanda (2010-07-13). "77th Annual Hopi festival highlights July 4th weekend". The Observer. Archived from the original on 2011-07-14. Retrieved 2010-08-17. Cite has empty unknown parameter:
- Carroll, Larry (September 3, 2009). "'New Moon' Actor Kiowa Gordon Reveals How to Tell the Wolves Apart". MTV News. Archived from the original on July 24, 2010. Retrieved July 24, 2010.
- Vice, Jeff (November 20, 2009). "Mormons run with shapeshifters in 'New Moon'". MormonTimes.com. Archived from the original on July 24, 2010. Retrieved July 24, 2010.
- Wind Walkers