Kennedy Ombima (born 7 May 1987), better known by his stage names King Kaka and Rabbit, is a Kenyan rapper. Kaka met Jorma Taccone, a member of The Lonely Island in February 2011 when Taccone visited Nairobi, Kenya as part of his trip for AFAR Magazine's "Spin the Globe". Sungura collaborated with Taccone to create a rap video that has over 1.2 million views. Taccone later wrote an article for AFAR Magazine documenting the experience with Sungura. In 2012, Rabbit launched his own clothing line dubbed Niko Kwa Jam Nakam.
|Birth name||Kennedy Ombima|
|Also known as|
|Born||7 May 1987|
|Genres||Kenyan hip hop|
|Associated acts||Rich Mavoko, Tracy Morgan, Cassidy, the lonely island|
With his 17-track album Tales of Kaka Sungura already out, Kaka stated that he was solely focused on promoting the album as well as shooting a few videos. "I cannot do another album until late next year. I give my all when I compile an album, that’s why I won’t rush into another album project." In November 2012, he released a music video for his song "Adisia".
Apart from his successful music career, Kaka is also a businessman and in early September 2015 he launched his purified water company known as Kaka Empire's Majik Water using his music brand name as the official name of the product.
He was married to Nana, with whom he has two children.
- "Kaka Sungura marks his birthday". HF Magazine. Retrieved 6 February 2016.[permanent dead link]
- Scott Lapatine (June 6, 2011). "Kenyan Rapper Gets A Lonely Island Video". Sterogum. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- Jorma Taccone (June 1, 2011). "Spin the Globe: Jorma Taccone in Kenya". AFAR Magazine. Archived from the original on June 25, 2012. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- Jeff Mwangi (March 6, 2012). "Rapper Rabbit launches his new clothing line". Ghafla. Archived from the original on June 26, 2012. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- "KINGKAKA'S STORY". Retrieved October 21, 2017.
- Kone Sekou (November 19, 2012). "Without a doubt, this is Rabbit's hottest video". Ghafla. Archived from the original on March 24, 2013. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- "Rabbit-King Kaka Launches A New Lucrative Business". Nairobi Gossip & News. Retrieved 2015-09-30.
- Elly Gitau. "Rapper King Kaka is now a university lecturer!". The Star, Kenya. Retrieved 27 July 2016. 9