King Cobras (gang)
|Founding location||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Criminal activities||Drug dealing, assault, murder|
|Allies||Bloods, Crips, Black Power, Central Auckland street gangs|
The King Cobras were founded in Ponsonby sometime in the 1950s by Samoans, making them the oldest patched gang in New Zealand.  Initially, it was restricted to include only Samoans but have since included other Polynesians. The King Cobras claimed territory runs from Central Auckland down to Mangere, Papatoetoe and the Cobras have proven to be very violent in cases regarding territory. The Cobras presence starts in the North Shore, and travels as far down south as the Hutt Valley and Wellington region. The Cobras have proven to be very violent and have been involved in major cases of drug dealing.
Involvement in organised crimeEdit
The Cobras have had a history of possessing firearms, and have been involved in the dealing of methamphetamine, cocaine,and marijuana. In 2003, members of the King Cobras ran a large methamphetamine ring along with the Head Hunters in one of Aucklands biggest drug-cases. The King Cobras have been involved in several murder cases, including that of a 15-year-old boy, and the shooting of a rival gang member, as part of a membership process.
- Field, Michael (30 July 2010). "Gang tooling up for drug war, say police". Stuff News. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "Exodus for weakened Cobras - Crime - NZ Herald News". Nzherald.co.nz. 2011-08-07. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- in the New Zealand Forum. "King Cobras, tooling up for drug war, say police". Topix. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "Wanted man apprehended in Glenfield house - Story - NZ News". 3 News. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- Sam Boyer (2013-04-15). "King Cobras Gang Are Setting Up In Wellington". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- Field, Michael (2010-07-30). "Gang tooling up for drug war, say police". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "Millionaire prisoner involved in drug ring - National - NZ Herald News". Nzherald.co.nz. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "The short sad life of a youth who took the wrong path - National - NZ Herald News". Nzherald.co.nz. 2004-12-04. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "Dope houses low on police hit-list - National - NZ Herald News". Nzherald.co.nz. 2003-11-15. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- Clarkson, David (15 November 2018). "Brawl breaks out in Christchurch court over fatal King Cobra gang-related shooting". Stuff.
|This article about a criminal organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|