Kim Ekdahl du Rietz
Kim Ekdahl du Rietz (born 23 July 1989) is a Swedish retired handball player.
|Kim Ekdahl Du Rietz|
Ekdahl Du Rietz playing for Sweden in 2012
23 July 1989|
|Height||1.94 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
He competed for the Swedish national team at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London where they won a silver medal. In January 2017 he announced his retirement following the conclusion of the 2016–2017 Bundesliga season.
In 2018, Ekdahl Du Rietz returned to his former club Rhein-Neckar Löwen, signing a three month contract to help the club – currently suffering from several injuries on important players – out. Ekdahl Du Rietz also decided to give away all the money earnt to charity organisations. In April 2018 his club Rhein-Neckar Löwen announced that next season Kim Ekdahl du Rietz will transfer to Paris Saint-Germain Handball. At the same time he also made a comeback to the swedish national team, and participated in both 2019 World Championship and 2020 European Championship.
May 21st 2021, after one of his previous club teams Rhein-Neckar Löwen has had a lot of injuries, it is announced that Ekdahl Du Rietz will join the team for the two last games in the EHF European League finals, that are being played may 22nd & 23rd.
- "Kim Ekdahl du Rietz". Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Bekräftat: Kim Ekdahl Du Rietz slutar". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved 4 February 2017.
- "Klart: Kim Ekdahl Du Rietz är tillbaka". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "Paris St. Germain verpflichtet Kim Ekdahl Du Rietz" (in German). Rhein-Neckar Löwen. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- "L'Equipe: Kim Ekdahl Du Rietz avslutar karriären på nytt" (in Swedish). Retrieved 2021-04-19.
- "Kim-Comeback für EHF FINALS Men 2021". Retrieved 21 May 2021.