After the Acts of Union 1707, Kilrenny, Anstruther Easter, Anstruther Wester, Crail and Pittenweem formed the Anstruther Easter district of burghs, returning one member between them to the House of Commons of Great Britain.
List of burgh commissionersEdit
- 1669–72: Captain Gideon Murray, merchant-burgess 
- 1672: Kilrenny renounced rights to representation but later allowed to continue
- 1689 convention, 1689–93: George Bethune (or Beaton), trader (expelled 1693 for absence after refusing oath of allegiance) 
- 1693–1701: Alexander Stevenson 
- 1702–07: James Bethune the younger of Balfour 
- Parliamentary Papers, Volume 62, Part 2. p. 580.
- Parliamentary Papers, Volume 62, Part 2. p. 587,594.
- Parliamentary Papers, Volume 62, Part 2. p. 600.