|Look up keyword in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Keyword may refer to a word or a sort of phrase that can be associated with a particular subject, document or moment. It is used to explore or run specific searches in the title, in subject, in write ups, in documents and for internet search.
In context of programming language, a keyword is a closely related or associated word that is reserved by a program because, the word has a special meaning that defines commands and specific parameters for that code set.
In SEO terminology for digital marketing, a keyword is used to describe a word or group of words that the Internet uses to perform search engine or search bar exploration.
- Keyword (Internet search), a word or phrase typically used by bloggers or online content creator to rank a web page on a particular topic
- Index term, a term used as a keyword to documents in an information system such as a catalog or a search engine
- Keyword advertising, a form of online advertising
- Keyword clustering, a search engine optimization technique
- A reserved word in a programming language
- Keyword (linguistics), word which occurs in a text more often than we would expect to occur by chance alone
- Keyword (rhetoric), a word that academics use to reveal the internal structure of an author's reasoning
- Keywords: A Vocabulary of Culture and Society, 1973 non-fiction book by Raymond Williams
- "Keyword" (Tohoshinki song), a 2008 J-pop song