A keyword may refer to a word or a sort of phrase that can be associated with a particular subject, document, or moment. It is used to explore or run specific searches in the title, in subject, in write-ups, in documents, and for internet searches.
In the context of a programming language, a keyword is a closely related or associated word that is reserved by a program because, the word has a special meaning that defines commands and specific parameters for that code set.
In SEO terminology for digital marketing, a keyword is used to describe a word or group of words that the Internet uses to perform search engine or search bar exploration.
- Keyword (Internet search), a word or phrase typically used by bloggers or online content creator to rank a web page on a particular topic
- Index term, a term used as a keyword to documents in an information system such as a catalog or a search engine
- Keyword advertising, a form of online advertising
- Keyword clustering, a search engine optimization technique
- A reserved word in a programming language
- Keyword (linguistics), word which occurs in a text more often than we would expect to occur by chance alone
- Keyword (rhetoric), a word that academics use to reveal the internal structure of an author's reasoning
- Keywords: A Vocabulary of Culture and Society, 1973 non-fiction book by Raymond Williams
- "Keyword" (Tohoshinki song), a 2008 J-pop song