Keskin is a town and district of Kırıkkale Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey. At the 2000 Turkish census, the population of the district was 59,150, of whom 34,827 lived in the town of Keskin.
Location of Keskin within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Bayram Sakallı (AKP)|
|• District||1,129.15 km2 (435.97 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,123 m (3,684 ft)|
|• District density||17/km2 (43/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
In the times of the Roman and Byzantine, the city was called Ciscissus (sometimes shortened to Cissus) and belonged to the Roman province of Cappadocia Prima. It became a Christian bishopric, a suffragan of the metropolitan see of Caesarea in Cappadocia, the capital of the province. The names of two of its bishops are known from extant contemporary documents: Plato was at the Trullan Council of 692, and Soterichus at the Second Council of Nicaea in 787. No longer a residential bishopric, Ciscissus is today listed by the Catholic Church as a titular see.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (in Turkish). Archived from the original (XLS) on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2008-03-20.
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Archived from the original on 2007-10-19. Retrieved 2008-03-20.
- Michel Lequien, Oriens christianus in quatuor Patriarchatus digestus, Paris 1740, Vol. I, coll. 393-394
- Raymond Janin, v. Ciscissus, in Dictionnaire d'Histoire et de Géographie ecclésiastiques, vol. XII, Paris 1953, col. 845
- Pius Bonifacius Gams, Series episcoporum Ecclesiae Catholicae, Leipzig 1931, p. 440
- Annuario Pontificio 2013 (Libreria Editrice Vaticana 2013 ISBN 978-88-209-9070-1), p. 870
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Keskin, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-20.