Ken Hale (footballer)
Kenneth Oliver Hale (18 September 1939 – 5 January 2015) was an English football player and manager. He played as an inside forward for Newcastle United, Coventry City, Oxford United, Darlington and Halifax Town, and scored 84 goals from 420 appearances in the Football League. He had a brief spell as player-manager of Darlington in 1972, and went on to manage Hartlepool from 1974 to 1976.
|Full name||Kenneth Oliver Hale|
|Date of birth||18 September 1939|
|Place of birth||Blyth, Northumberland, England|
|Date of death||5 January 2015(aged 75)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
|Darlington||January 1972||April 1972||21||7||2||12||33.3|
|Hartlepool||June 1974||October 1976||117||40||31||46||34.2|
- "Ken Hale". In The Mad Crowd. John Phillips. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Ken Hale RIP (18/09/1939–05/01/2015)". Coventry City Former Players Association. 7 January 2015. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- "Ken Hale". Post War English & Scottish Football League A–Z Players Database. Neil Brown. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Player details: Ken Hale". Toon1892. Ken Scott. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Managers: Ken Hale". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a forward born in the 1930s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to an English association football manager is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|