Kelly Edwards (born 9 January 1991) is a British judoka from Telford, Shropshire.
|Born||9 January 1991|
|Weight class||–48 kg, –52 kg|
|Achievements and titles|
|World Champ.||R16 (2010)|
|European Champ.||7th (2010)|
|Olympic Games||R16 (2012)|
|Profile at external databases|
|Updated on 25 November 2022.|
Edwards came to prominence in 2007 after she became champion of Great Britain, winning the extra-lightweight division at the British Judo Championships.
Her Great British international debut came in 2010 in Vienna, where she took seventh place in the European Judo Championships, aged only 19. In 2011, Edwards won gold in the European Cup in Málaga in the under 48kg class and also won her second British title at extra-lightweight.
In 2012, she again won gold in the British Open European Cup in Crawley. In June 2012, Edwards was chosen to represent Great Britain in the 2012 Summer Olympics in London in the under 48 kg event, she was eliminated by Tomoko Fukumi.
In 2013, she won her third British title at the heavier weight of half-lightweight before representing England at the 2014 Commonwealth Games, in Glasgow, in the under 52kg class, where she won the silver medal, losing in the final to Louise Renicks on an indirect hansoku-make (for a fourth and final shido penalty) with 3 seconds remaining on the clock.
In 2015, she won her fourth and last British title.
|19 October 2013||3||European Open Rome|
|27 September 2014||7||European Open Tallinn|
|4 October 2014||5||European Open Glasgow|
|8 November 2014||3||African Open Port Louis|
|14 November 2014||2||Oceania Open Wollongong|
|17 January 2015||7||African Open Tunis|
|14 March 2015||3||African Open Casablanca|
|10 September 2016||3||European Open Tallinn|
|15 October 2016||1||European Open Glasgow|
|4 February 2017||7||European Open Sofia|
- ^ "Kelly Edwards". Daily Telegraph. Archived from the original on 29 July 2012. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- ^ "Kelly Edwards profile". Judo Inside. Retrieved 20 August 2022.
- ^ a b c "British Judo Championship Results 2003 to present". British Judo. Retrieved 20 August 2022.
- ^ "Kelly Edwards - Athlete profile". www.britishjudo.org.uk. Archived from the original on 24 September 2012. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- ^ "European Cup Malaga, 2011, Spain". www.judoinside.com. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- ^ "Britain's judokas win four more European Cup golds". BBC Sport. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- ^ "Kelly Edwards : Team GB London 2012 Olympics". The Daily Telegraph. Archived from the original on 29 July 2012. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
- ^ "Sisters Kimberley and Louise Renicks start Scotland gold rush in judo". Retrieved 9 August 2014.
- ^ "Kelly Edwards, Judoka, JudoInside". www.judoinside.com. Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- Kelly Edwards at the International Judo Federation
- Kelly Edwards at JudoInside.com
- Kelly Edwards at AllJudo.net (in French)
- Kelly Edwards at Olympics.com
- Kelly Edwards at Olympedia
- Kelly Edwards at the British Olympic Association
- Kelly Edwards at the Commonwealth Games Federation
- Kelly Edwards at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com (archived)
- Kelly Edwards at The-Sports.org