Kean is an 1836 play by the French writer Alexandre Dumas. It is based on the life of the British stage actor Edmund Kean. It premiered at the Théâtre des Variétés with Frédérick Lemaître in the title role.
It has been adapted into films several times including
- Kean, a 1921 silent German film
- Kean, a 1924 silent French film
- Kean, a 1940 Italian film
- Kean, a 1956 Italian film
A 1961 stage musical Kean was also based on the work.
- Goble p.138
- Goble, Alan. The Complete Index to Literary Sources in Film. Walter de Gruyter, 1999.