Zharkova in October 2013
October 30, 1981 |
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
Zharkova started modeling when she was 14 years old and is considered the first plus-size model of Belarus. Katya is known for her bare-skinned photo shoot by Plus Size Magazine with another skinny model to raise awareness for the young girls who lose confidence because of oversized body figures. She has appeared in and modeled for labels such as Forever 21, Silver Jeans and plus-size specialists Fashion To Figure.
In 2013, Zharkova was selected as one of Plus Model Magazine's Women of the Year for 2013 as an advocate for woman's choice to be healthy and not to subside to society's standards.
- Biography, www.zharkova.com. Retrieved 2012-01-16
- "KATYA ZHARKOVA - Wilhelmina Models". Wilhelmina Models. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- "Brigitte Models > Katya". Brigitte Models. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- http://issuu.com/plusmodelmag/docs/plus_model_magazine_plus_size_january_2012/61 Plus Model Magazine Jan 2012 Issue
- "Curve d'ascolto Le nuove muse del web lottano per il diritto di essere sexy anche oltre la small" (in Italian). Italian Marie Claire. 17 September 2013. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- "Plus Size Magazine?". Katya Zarkhova. 9 Dec 2014.
- Our Interview with Russian Model Katya Zharkova Archived 2012-07-16 at Archive.is Plus-Size Models Unite, March 17, 2011
- "Katya Zharkova in Cosmopolitan Russia?". Style Has No Size. 5 July 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-12-12. Retrieved 2013-12-07. Plus Model Magazine Dec 2013 Women of the Year 2013