Kattappanayile Rithwik Roshan
Kattappanayile Rithwik Roshan (English: Rithwik Roshan of Kattappana) is a 2016 Indian Malayalam-language drama filmthriller directed by Nadirshah. It stars Vishnu Unnikrishnan, Prayaga Martin and Lijomol Jose. The film was released on 18 November 2016.
|Kattappanayile Rithwik Roshan|
Theatrical release poster
Dr. Zachariah Thomas
|Written by||Bibin George|
United Global Media Entertainment
|Distributed by||Kalasangham Films|
|Box office||₹40 crore|
The film tells the story of Krishnan Nair Aka Kichu, who got a chance as a child artist and makes up his ambition to be a super star in the industry, though in his adulthood he becomes a typecast with small and similar roles he performed in his childhood. Ann Mariya (Prayaga Martin) is a newcomer to Kattappana and becomes friends with Kichu quickly, believing him to be connected with the film industry on seeing a photograph of him standing next to Priyadarshan at a local studio. Kichu mistook her boundless closeness to be love and when he sees her with her college senior Amit and confronts her, he feels shattered. The same day he has a film shoot where the director James Antony (Kalabhavan Shajon) takes a chance with him believing him to be apt for portraying the central character of his new venture. But the producer, being a newbie is not ready to risk it all and so Kichu had to forfeit the part. Returning home he faces yet another problem where two girls whom he sent to a nearby film location were mistreated, one being his neighbor's daughter, Kani. The neighbor presumes that Kichu sent them with intentions for his personal gain. His father beats and reproaches him to get lost. Kichu, out of despair decides to commit suicide. A car drives towards him, drifting and tumbling over near the edge of the cliff, the suicide point. The person appears to be an owner of a startup from their town. Kichu rescues him and reckons suicide is not an answer to problems. Another person who comes to the suicide point reads Kichu's suicide note describing his story and has a change of heart and meets Kichu. Now Kichu has acknowledged Kani's love for him, he remains friends with Ann and has overcome his inferiority complexes. Towards the credits, Kichu is called again to don the role of a petty thief in a movie. At the location however, it turns out that the role is being done by another person and Kichu is actually the hero of the film.
- Vishnu Unnikrishnan as Krishnan Nair (Kichu)
- Dharmajan Bolgatty as Dasappan (Dasan)
- Prayaga Martin as Ann Maria
- Lijomol Jose as Kanimol
- Siddique as Surendran (Sura), Kichu's father
- Salim Kumar as 'Naxalite' Chandran, Kani's father
- Dini Daniel as Seema, Kichu's mother
- Siju Wilsson as Geo
- Swasika as Neethu
- Pradeep Kottayam as Vijayan, Dasappan's father
- Rahul Madhav as Giridhar
- Kalabhavan Shajon as Director James Antony
- Seema G. Nair as Kani's mother
- Jaffar Idukki as Tea shop owner
- Mahesh as Geo's father
- Ambika Mohan as Geo's Mother
- Eloor George as Head load worker
- Kalabhavan Yousuf as Barber
- Kalabhavan Haneef as Sasi (Soman),Head load worker
- Samadh as Neethu's relative
- Shahanas Muhammed Arafa
- Bipin Jose as Amith
- Abdul Majeed as Headmaster
- Abu Salim as Gym Parlour owner
- Nandu Pothuval as Sthiram Vazhipokken
- Vinod Kedamangalam as Salesman at Seemas Wedding Collections
- Adinad Sasi as Villager
- Bineesh Bastin as Sthiram Gunda
- Rajesh as Poovalan 1
- Ajoobsha as Poovalan 2
- Kevin Mathew as Poovalan 3
- N P Suhaid (Kukku)
- Bibin George as Naxalite
- Kottayam Nazir (Guest Appearance) as Director Ajayan
- Nadirshah as director (cameo)
- Boban Samuel as director (cameo)
- Ancy as Teacher
- Asha Aravind as Jessy
- Pauly Valsan as Upadeshi thalla
- Thara Kalyan as Neethu's relative
- Sethulakshmi as Neethu's relative
- Neena Kurup as Neethu's mother
- Devika Nambiar as Neethu's Friend
- Ansiba Hassan as Actress (Guest Appearance)
|Kattappanayile Rithwik Roshan|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||28 October 2016|
|Genre||Feature film Soundtrack|
|1.||"Azhake Azhake"||B.K Harinarayanan||Najim Arshad||3:19|
|2.||"Azhake Azhake Nanunae"||B.K Harinarayanan||Vijay Prakash||3:19|
|3.||"Minnaminnikkum"||Santhosh Varma||Shankar Mahadevan||3:47|
|4.||"Parudeyam Mariyame"||Nadirshah, Santhosh Varma||Rimi Tomy, Vaikom Vijayalakshmi||4:38|
Release and receptionEdit
The film was originally scheduled for release on 11 November 2016, but due to the unforeseen execution of the 500 and 1000 rupee currency demonetisation, which removed these bank notes from circulation, the release was pushed to 18 November 2016.
The film collected ₹1.15 crore in the opening day from Kerala. It grossed ₹13.38 crore in 16 days run in Kerala, and ₹4.63 crore in 5 days run in the UAE and GCC regions released on 1 December 2016, for a worldwide total of ₹24 crore within one month of release. It grossed 40 crore worldwide.
- James, Anu (6 January 2017). "Kattappanayile Hrithik Roshan box office: Nadhirshah-Dileep movie earns Rs 40 crore in 50 days". International Business Times. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Kattappanayile Hrithik Roshan (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by - itunes.apple.com › album › kattappanayile Hrithik Roshan". itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 6 December 2016.
- James, Anu (10 November 2016). "Rupee ruckus in India: Nadhirshah's Kattappanayile Hrithik Roshan release date postponed". International Business Times. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- "Mission accomplished: Hrithik Roshan now knows about 'Kattappanayile Hrithik Roshan'". OnManorama. 22 November 2016. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "Best Malayalam films of 2016: The Top 14 highest-grossing movies". International Business Times. 6 December 2016.
- James, Anu (6 January 2017). "Kattappanayile Hrithik Roshan box office: Nadhirshah-Dileep movie earns Rs 40 crore in 50 days". International Business Times.