Katsuta Station (勝田駅, Katsuta-eki) is a junction passenger railway station inn the city of Hitachinaka, Ibaraki, Japan, operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East) and the third-sector railway operator Hitachinaka Seaside Railway.
|Location||1-1 Katsuta-Chuo, Hitachinaka-shi, Ibaraki-ken 312-0045|
|Distance||121.1 km from Nippori|
|Platforms||2 island platforms|
|Status||Staffed ( Midori no Madoguchi )|
|Opened||18 March 1910|
Katsuta Station is served by the Jōban Line from Ueno in Tokyo, and is located 121.1 km from the official starting point of the line at Nippori Station. It is also the terminus of the 14.3 km single-track Hitachinaka Seaside Railway Minato Line to Ajigaura.
|1||■ Minato Line||for Nakaminato and Ajigaura|
|2/3||■ Jōban Line
( Ueno-Tokyo Line)
|for Mito, Tomobe, Ishioka, Tsuchiura, Ueno, Tokyo and Shinagawa|
|■ Mito Line||for Mito, Tomobe, Kasama, Shimodate, and Oyama|
|4||■ Jōban Line||for Hitachi, Takahagi, Iwaki, Haranomachi and Sendai|
The JR East (formerly JNR) Katsuta Station opened on 18 March 1910. The Hitachinaka Seaside Railway (formerly Minato Railway) station opened on 25 December 1913. The station was absorbed into the JR East network upon the privatization of Japanese National Railways (JNR) on 1 April 1987.
In fiscal 2019, the JR portion of the station was used by an average of 13,586 passengers daily (boarding passengers only). The Hitachinaka Seaside Railway station was used by an average of 834 passengers daily in fiscal 2011. The JR East passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- Hitachi Seaside Park
- Hitachinaka City Hall
- HItachinaka Post Office
- Hitachinaka General Hospital
- 日本国有鉄道停車場一覧 [JNR Station Directory]. Japan: Japanese National Railways. 1985. p. 104. ISBN 4-533-00503-9.
- Terada, Hirokazu (19 January 2013). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 207. ISBN 978-4-7770-1336-4.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2019年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2019)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2020. Retrieved 11 August 2020.
- 各駅の乗車人員 （2000年度） [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2000)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- 各駅の乗車人員 （2005年度） [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2005)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- 各駅の乗車人員 （2010年度） [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- 各駅の乗車人員 （2015年度） [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2015)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 17 September 2020.
Media related to Katsuta Station at Wikimedia Commons