This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Screen SaversEdit
She began her television career in 1998 co-hosting the technology-oriented television program The Screen Savers alongside Leo Laporte. In 1999, Botello and Laporte were described as "the two most popular personalities on the only 24-hour national cable channel devoted exclusively to computers and the Internet". When the pair appeared at a promotional event in York, Pennsylvania that year: "Geeks swarmed the local electronics store where Kate Botello and Leo Laporte were signing autographs. Security had to be called to help guide the two computer advice experts to their car."
Gamespot TV/Extended PlayEdit
In 2000, Botello left The Screen Savers to co-host Gamespot TV, a video game review show, with Adam Sessler. In February 2001 the show was renamed Extended Play. She also co-hosted a TechTV video on computer basics with Chris Pirillo.
Judy Garland impersonationEdit
Botello left TechTV in 2002 and moved to Brooklyn, New York where she worked on Broadway as a freelance actor, singer and playwright. In her time there, she starred Off-Broadway as Judy Garland in the cabaret musical, Judy Garland and the Uninvited Company and the annual holiday musical, Judy's Christmas Garland. The cabaret show later toured other cities. A critic wrote that "Botello nails Garland's familiar speaking voice, singing voice and facial expressions".
Career in northern MichiganEdit
In June 2011, Botello began hosting Weird News Radio, a weekly audio podcast, with Jim Harold. She is also on the air from 7 to 10 AM Eastern on "Classical IPR", part of Interlochen Public Radio, WIAA (FM), Interlochen, Michigan. Her latest endeavor is "Showtunes with Kate Botello" airing on Classical IPR, Sunday evenings at 7pm EST.
- Hunt, Dennis (November 30, 1999). "Technology's the star on ZDTV: The nation's fastest-growing cable network doesn't rate with Nielsen but clicks with Web". USA Today. McLean, Virginia. pp. 03.D. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- "GEEK TV: ITS TARGET AUDIENCE LOVES CABLE STATION ZDTV, WHICH COMBINES THE IMMEDIACY OF TELEVISION WITH THE IMPROVISATION OF THE WEB". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. June 13, 1999. pp. C3. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- Damiano, Mary (March 8, 2007). "TWO ACTRESSES DEFTLY STRING TOGETHER GARLAND'S LIFE". South Florida Sun. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-21. Retrieved 2013-09-02.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Show Tunes with Kate Botello | Interlochen
- A Fond Farewell From Kate Botello
- Kate Botello on IMDb
- Traverse City Web Design
- Search results for Botello on the web site of La Voz... México
- The New Screen Savers 52: Kate Botello Returns!
|This biographical article related to television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|