Karel C. Berkhoff
Karel Cornelis Berkhoff (born 1965) is a senior researcher at NIOD Institute for War, Holocaust and Genocide Studies in Amsterdam.
Berkhoff studied history and Russian studies at the University of Amsterdam, Soviet Studies at Harvard University and graduated in 1998 as a historian at the University of Toronto, studying under Paul Robert Magocsi, Chair of Ukrainian Studies. He studies primarily World War II in Russia and Eastern Europe. He was an advisor to the ZDF documentary "Holocaust" (2000).
- "Ukraine under Nazi Rule (1941–1944): Sources and Finding Aids" (in Jahrbücher für Geschichte Osteuropas, vol. 45, nr. 1 en nr. 2, 1997)
- "The ‘Russian’ Prisoners of War in Nazi-Ruled Ukraine as Victims of Genocidal Massacre" (in Holocaust and Genocide Studies, vol. 15, nr. 1, 2001)
- "Harvest of Despair: Life and Death in Ukraine Under Nazi Rule" (Harvard University Press, 2004)
- "Motherland in Danger: Soviet Propaganda During World War II" (Harvard University Press, 2012 - ISBN 978-0674049246)
- Fraenkel Prize in Contemporary History 2001 from the Wiener Library for the book Harvest of Despair: Life and Death in Ukraine Under Nazi Rule.
|This biographical article about a Dutch historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|