Kannadathi (TV series)
|Screenplay by||Param, Vikas Negiloni, Manjunath Bhat|
|Directed by||Yashwant Pandu|
|Creative director||Darshan Gowdu|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||250 (as of 20 January 2021)|
|Producer||Prakash (film director)|
|Running time||22 minutes (approx.)|
|Original network||Colors Kannada|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV) |
|First shown in||India|
|Original release||27 January 2020 –|
Rathnamala, an elderly mother and the owner of Mala School and Cafe, is worried about her only son Harsha because he does not intend to marry. Just as Rathnamala is about to give up on him, she meets Bhuvi, a small town Kannada teacher.
Bhuvaneshwari (Commonly called as Bhuvi) goes to Bengaluru (Bangalore) to work as a temporary lecturer to pay off her family's debts, and expects her friend Varudhini (also called Varu) to help. Varu runs a company named Saptapadhi, which performs wedding ceremonies. Varu meets Harsha at his cousin Aadhi's wedding and immediately falls in love. Aadhi's fiancé Sania's parents ask Rathnamala for a huge share in their property, which Rathnamala reluctantly agrees to. After the marriage, Rathnamala leaves for Sidagnoor Devi Darshan on a bus traveling through her home village Hasirupete. Bhuvi, who returned to Hasirupete after she helped at Aadhi's wedding, finds Ratnamala injured by a snake bite. Bhuvi takes Rathnamala to her home, who is impressed by Bhuvi's hospitality and kindness. Bhuvi and Rathnamala become close.
Rathnamala returns to Bengaluru and offers a Kannada lecturer post to Bhuvi and helps Bhuvi find a house to rent. Bhuvi and Harsha's paths cross many times. Bhuvi looks after Harsha at her home when he is sick for a few days. Rathnamala's doctor reveals to her that she does not have long to live. Rathnamala wants Harsha to marry Bhuvi; the two are share a mutual attraction, but Harsha has doubts about her idealism in his practical world while Bhuvi hides her feelings by claiming they are just friends.
Bhuvi unknowingly joines Mala Institute as Kannada lecturer when Rathna had not yet revealed Bhuvi that she is such a big person.Rathna help bhuvi to rent a house in Bengaluru. Bhuvi and Harsha's paths cross many times. Bhuvi looks after Harsha at her home when he is sick for a few days. Rathnamala's doctor reveals to her that she does not have long to live. Rathnamala wants Harsha to marry Bhuvi; the two are share a mutual attraction, but Harsha has doubts about her idealism in his practical world while Bhuvi hides her feelings by claiming they are just friends. Then comes Harsha's cousin sister Suchithra who is very close to Harsha and with whom harsha share all his feelings with her... then Suchi make him realise that he is in love with Bhuvi.... on the other side even though Bhuvi has feelings on Harsha, she is not exposing because Varudhini loves Harsha.... Saniya, Adi's wife, is a very evil and money minded woman.. who wants all the property for her... But Rathna Mala has written all the property to Bhuvi but Bhuvi's actual name is Souparnika... and Saniya now is searching for Souparnika. On the other hand Rathna has asked Bhuvi not to disclose her original name anywhere... Saniya is trying to get a bad impression on Harsha in the view of society, so that she can get authority over all the business of Rathna,by taking help of Snapper Shiva and Journalist Pooja.... then, on Rathna's birthday Saniya plans to keep Drug in Harsha's room and make him a culprit.. but Varudhini saves him from telling that Drug is hers now Harsha and Bhuvi are trying to get her out of jail... Then, Pooja a Journalist who is friend of Saniya made a video before, when Varu hosted a party, where Varu has fallen down and Harsha is picking her up and carrying her till the car... so Pooja made this video viral as soon as Varu is held up by police so there comes many questions that "Is Vau girlfriend of Harsha??"... now, Pooja had come to his house to ask about this... so as Harsha, a short tempered guy, asks Pooja that "What if Varu is girlfriend of me??" Then Bhuvi misunderstands it as a statement cries... But Harsha dint tell it in that way... he just questioned what if???... On the other hand Harsha is building a strong love feeling on Bhuvi.... even Suchi and Bindu (half sister of Bhuvi) are trying to make them confess their love to each other soon... In Deepostava Suchi and Bindu tied knots for Bhuvi's Saree and Harsha's Shalya.... where they tried harder to open the knot but they couldnt so Harsha gives his Shalya to Bhuvi.(till Dec 19th)
- Kiran Raj as Harsha, CEO of Mala Cafe, and son of Rathnamala.
- Ranjani Raghavan as Sowparnika/Bhuvaneswari (Bhuvi), a Kannada Lecturer from Hasirupete. Harsha's love interest and works in mala institution. Varu's friend.
- Sara Annaih as Varudhini (Varu), Manager of Saptapadhi and assistant of Rathnamala
- Chitrakala Biradar as Rathnamala aka Amamma, owner of Mala's Café and Mala institution and is Harsha's mother.
- Rakshith as Adithya (Adi), Harsha's cousin and Saniya's husband.
- Ramola as Saniya Adithya, wife of Adi. Who wishes to be the owner of Mala's café and institution
- Vijay Krishna as Dr. Dev, Adi and Suchitra's brother, Harsha's cousin.
- Deepashree as Dr. Tapsee Dev, wife of Dr Dev.
- Amrutha Murthy as Suchitra (Suchi), sister of Dev and Adi, and cousin of Harsha.
- R.T.Rama as Mangalamma (Ajji), grandmother of Bhuvi,Bindu and Preethi
- "'ಕನ್ನಡತಿ' ಸೀರಿಯಲ್ ಕಥಾನಾಯಕನಿಗೆ ಕ್ವಾರಂಟೈನ್! ಹಾಗಾದ್ರೆ ಮುಂದೇನಾಗಲಿದೆ ಭುವಿ ಕಥೆ?". Vijaya Karnataka (in Kannada). Retrieved 21 June 2020.
- Lokesh, Vinay (9 June 2020). "Kannada serial storylines tweaked to create awareness about COVID-19". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 December 2020.
- "Nishvika, Sanjana, Dheekshith support team Kannadathi - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 June 2020.
- "Ranjani Raghavan shoots for Kannadathi in Heggodu - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 June 2020.
- "ಈ 'ಕನ್ನಡತಿ'ಗೆ ಬಂದಿದೆ ಭಾರಿ ಬೇಡಿಕೆ; ರಂಜನಿ ರಾಘವನ್ ಮಾಡಿದ ಮ್ಯಾಜಿಕ್ ಅಂಥದ್ದು!". Vijaya Karnataka (in Kannada). Retrieved 21 June 2020.
- "ಪುಟ್ಟಗೌರಿ ಈಗ ಕನ್ನಡತಿ". 3 January 2020.
- "Kannada serials revolve around emotions and sentiment, says Kiran Raj - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 June 2020.
- "Ranjani Raghavan: I've always championed for the cause of state language; it's only befitting to be part of Kannadathi - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 June 2020.
- "Sarah Annaiah goes grey for Kannada serial debut - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 June 2020.