Kakinada Town railway station
Kakinada Town railway station (station code:CCT) is an Indian railway station in Kakinada of Andhra Pradesh. It lies on Samalkot–Kakinada Port branch line of Howrah–Chennai main line and is administered under Vijayawada railway division of South Coast Railway zone (formerly South Central Railway zone).
|Commuter, Inter-city and Regional rail station|
Entrance of Kakinada City Junction train station
|Location||Valemuri Vari Veedhi, Rama Rao Peta, Kakinada, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh|
|Owned by||Indian railways|
|Operated by||Indian railways|
|Tracks||8 Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground)|
|Classification||Non-Subruban Grade-3 (NSG-3)|
In terms of earnings and outward passengers handled, Kakinada Town is categorized as a Non-Subruban Grade-3 (NSG-3) railway station. Based on the re–categorization of Indian Railway stations for the period of 2017–18 and 2022–23, an NSG–3 category station earns between ₹20–₹100 crore and handles 5–10 million passengers.
It is one of the 38 stations in the division to be equipped with Automatic Ticket Vending Machines (ATVM's).
- "Station Code Index" (PDF). Portal of Indian Railways. p. 45. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "Statement showing Category-wise No.of stations" (PDF). Portal of Indian Railways. 28 January 2016. p. 7. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 21 May 2019. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Stations – Category-wise (NEW)". Portal of Indian Railways. Retrieved 23 April 2019.
- "Categorization of Railway Stations". Press Information Bureau. 21 March 2018. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- "Adarsh Railway Station Scheme". Press Information Bureau. 5 April 2017. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
- "Adarsh Stations" (PDF). Portal of Indian Railways. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
- Correspondent, Special (27 January 2017). "SCR introduces mobile paper ticketing facility in 38 stations". The Hindu. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|