Kahiin to Hoga
Kahiin To Hoga (English: Will be Somewhere) is an Indian soap opera which aired on Star Plus between September 2003 and February 2007. The show was created by Ekta Kapoor of Balaji Telefilms and starred Aamna Shariff, Rajeev Khandelwal and Gurpreet Singh. The show is based on the 1813 novel Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
|Kahiin To Hoga|
|Created by||Balaji Telefilms|
|Based on||Pride and Prejudice|
Mushtaq Shiekh, Mahesh Pandey, Bobby Bhonsle, Pinky Shah, Salil Sand, Gauri Kodimala, Nina Arora, Anil Nagpal, Jainesh Ejardar, Doris Dey and Manu Chobe
Archana Joshii,Dheeraj Sarna & Deepti Rawal
|Directed by||Santram Varma, Anil V. Kumar, Santosh Bhatt Shatrugan Goswami, Rishi Tyagi & Deepak Chavan|
|Creative directors||Gargi Chandra, Shivangi Singh Chauhan, Nivedita Basu Doris Dey & Shipra Arora Set Design - Smita Gupta|
Gurpreet Singh (actor)
|Opening theme||"Kahiin To Hoga" by Priya Bhattacharya|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||799|
|Producer||Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor|
|Cinematography||Ashok Salian & Santosh Suryavanshi|
|Editors||Vikas Sharma, Lalit Tiwari, Sandeep Bhatt|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Original release||8 September 2003 –|
16 February 2007
Kashish, Mahek, Mouli, Kanan and Charu are five Sinha sisters living in Shimla. Their father, Prof. Sinha, is an idealistic college teacher. One day, Kashish accidentally hits a car belonging to Sujal Garewal, a rich, young businessman. Later, she goes for a job interview to his office. She assumes that she will not get the job, but Sujal hires her. Sujal works for a business enterprise started by his father, Chetan Garewal, in partnership with close friend/brother-figure Lalit Raheja. The Raheja and Garewal families live in the same house. Sujal's best friend is Lalit's son, Piyush. Sujal has a spoilt and arrogant younger brother, Rishi, who flirts with both Mouli and Mahek. Piyush's younger brother, Varun, secretly loves Mahek.
Kashish and Sujal eventually fall in love with each other as they grow even closer since seeing each other daily at work. She writes a love letter to him and leaves it on his desk. Rishi, who dislikes Kashish, sees the letter and deliberately puts Piyush's name on it. When Piyush sees the letter, he thinks that Kashish likes him and begins to feel the same way for her. Lalit and Prof. Sinha decide to get Piyush and Kashish married. Meanwhile, Sujal and Kashish verbally declare their love to each other. Kashish assumes she is about to get engaged to Sujal. On the day of the engagement Kashish is shocked to see Piyush as her fiancé. But she decides to stay quiet to prevent humiliation of her family. However, Sujal sees the letter with Piyush's name on it and thinks that Kashish is cheating on him. He cuts all ties with her and is heartbroken.
Meanwhile, Mahek becomes pregnant as a result of her relationship with Rishi, but he flatly denies that he is responsible. The Sinha family is embarrassed. Sujal, who blindly trusts Rishi, takes his side. Prof. Sinha throws Mahek out of the house because of her relationship and pregnancy with Rishi and Varun takes care of her. But Mahek is unaware of his love for her. Piyush stands by Kashish and her family. Seeing this, Kashish asks Piyush to marry her. On the day of the wedding, Sujal learns how Kashish's letter to him had reached Piyush. He realizes his mistake. He goes to Kashish, apologizes and asks her to return to him. However, Kashish chooses to marry Piyush.
This is the beginning of a rift between Sujal and Kashish, on the one hand, and Sujal and Piyush, on the other. Soon, Rishi grows jealous of Varun and Mahek's relationship and does not want Varun bringing up his child. As time passes by, Kashish is mad in love with her husband Piyush. Sujal tries to create problems for Kashish and Piyush, but is thwarted each time. No one in the family believes him any more and he is kicked out of the house. He vows to ruin Piyush. He meets his childhood friend Archie, who is infatuated with him. Her father offers to give Sujal his entire business in return for marrying Archie. Sujal agrees, as he has nothing left. Kashish learns that she is expecting Piyush's child and the couple are overjoyed. Therefore, Sujal decides not to interfere in Kashish's and Piyush's lives any more. However, tragedy strikes as Piyush dies in a car accident. Sujal is shattered by his friend's death and begins to regret his past actions. Kashish goes into depression on Piyush's death.
Akshat Shergill, an old friend of the Sinha family, enters the scene. His entry is followed by the arrival of his mother Reva and elder brother, Swayam. Akshat and Charu soon fall in love with each other. Mahek gives birth to a son. Varun soon confesses his love for her and proposes but she refuses as she doesn't want to be in a relationship again. But later accepts as she realises is willing to sacrifice everything for her and her son who she names Roshan. Sujal arranges their marriage much to Rishi's dismay. As Mahek begins to live in the Raheja/Garewal household, Rishi flirts with her and grows close to their son. He finds out that he has real feelings for Mahek and tries to separate Mahek and Varun but is thwarted each time. Mouli falls in love with Rishi again and leaves her house to live with him. Prof. Sinha cuts ties with her for good. After some time, it is revealed that Piyush's death was not an accident. The car crash was deliberately caused. Kashish begins to suspect Sujal of killing her husband. To punish him, she marries him, but she discovers that Sujal is innocent. Eventually, Archie turns out to be Piyush's murderer. Archie was jealous of Sujal's love for Kashish and wanted to get rid of her, but Piyush died in the car crash meant for his wife. With the misunderstandings out of the way, the love between Sujal and Kashish is rekindled. It is revealed that Reva is Chetan's first wife and Swayam and Akshat are Sujal's half-brothers. Swayam is an evil person who starts creating problems for Sujal and his family. Mouli finds out about Rishi's flirtatious behavior behind her back and wants to return home but her father refuses. But the sisters forgive her. She begins to live in another house alone.
On his way to meet Kashish, Sujal has an altercation with some criminals, falls into a river and is presumed dead. He survives but loses his memory and undergoes reconstructive surgery. He gets a new face and is known by the name Tushar. He is taken care by Dr Archita. Tushar soon meets and falls in love with Kashish, not knowing that she is his wife. Kashish also falls in love with Tushar, but suppresses her feelings because of her love for her ex husband Sujal. Charu soon grows attracted to Tushar and eventually falls for him after misunderstanding Kashish and Akshat to be getting married. Kashish has Tushar marry Charu, and then finds out that he is Sujal, but tells him to stay with his new wife, seeing how Charu is happy with him. Sujal separates from Charu when he discovers that she had played tricks to get him. He tries to get close to Kashish once again but Charu is pregnant and ill and has to be in a wheelchair after landing in an accident. Kashish finds out she is too pregnant by Sujal after a one night stand and immediately regrets it but Sujal is happy. It is then revealed that Charu was faking her illness in order for Sujal to grow closer to her but the truth comes out and everyone shuns her. Kashish and Sujal then reunite. During a party Charu commits suicide leaving Akshat in despair but it is rumored that she was mysteriously killed. Mouli falls for and marries Siddharth, the brother-in-law of a rich man named Shabbir Ahluwalia.
Sujal looks forward to a new life with Kashish. But she learns that the secret of her sister's death can be found within the Ahluwalia family. So, Kashish marries Shabbir Ahluwalia in order to find Charu's killer. Disappointed and heart broken, Sujal wants revenge from Kashish. So he pretends to romance Gayatri, Mr. Ahluwalia's daughter, who works with him. Kashish becomes jealous; although she knows that Sujal is only seeking revenge from her. Mr. Ahluwalia learns about the murderer but is soon killed; Kashish is sent to jail, and Kashish's father is killed. Varun and Mahek get divorced because of mutual differences. She also learns she is pregnant with his child. Mahek marries Rishi to ensure she obtains custody of her unborn baby. Whilst, Varun falls for and marries Shivangi, Mr Ahluwalia’s youngest daughter. Soon, Rishi turns over a new leaf and begins to care for Mahek. Kashish learns that Siddharth murdered Charu, Mr. Ahluwalia, and Prof. Sinha.
Kashish, Rishi and Mahek move to a new town. There, they meet Abhishek Chauhan, a navy officer and a look-alike of Piyush (who is later found to be his identical twin). Abhishek is a widower with a young daughter, Sneha. Kashish, Mahek and Rishi begin living happily until Swayam returns. Soon, Rishi dies while saving Sujal which makes Sujal and Mahek heartbroken. Swayam threatens Kashish that he will frame Sujal for Rishi's murder. To save Sujal, Kashish has to leave him forever. So, she agrees to marry Abhishek. But Abhishek realizes that she is making a sacrifice. He has Sujal and Kashish marry each other. Swayam's evil plans to frame Sujal and harm the Garewals are failed. He is killed by Mahek after he stole her child and for killing Rishi. Five years later, Kashish and Sujal are seen living happily together. Mouli is also there. Abhishek and Mahek, too, are married and living with their children.
- Aamna Shariff as Kashish Piyush Raheja / Kashish Sujal Garewal / Kashish Ahluwalia / Kashish Sinha – Sujal's wife, Piyush and Shabbir’s widow; Mehak, Mauli, Kanan and Charu's elder sister
- Rajeev Khandelwal / Gurpreet Singh as Sujal Garewal / Tushar– Kashish's husband, Veena and Chetan's eldest son and Rishi's elder brother
- Rohit Bakshi as Piyush Raheja – Kashish's first husband, Abhishek's twin brother / Abhishek Chauhan, Lalit and Vasundhra's son, Piyush's twin brother, Varun, Sanjana and Aman's older brother
- Shabbir Ahluwalia as Rishi Garewal - Sujal's younger brother, Veena and Chetan's youngest son, Mahek's second husband and Roshan's father
- Vikas Sethi as Swayam Shergill - Sujal and Rishi's half-brother, Chetan and Reva's son and Akshat's brother
- Chaitanya Choudhury as Akshat Shergill - Kashish's childhood friend, Sujal and Rishi's half-brother, Chetan and Reva's son and Swayam's younger brother
- Poonam Joshi / Vaani Sharma as Mehak Abhishek Chauhan née Raheja and Garewal - Abhishek's wife, Varun and Rishi's ex-wife, Kashish's younger sister, Mauli, Kanan and Charu's elder sister and Roshan's mother
- Mitra Joshi / Surveen Chawla as Charu Sinha née Garewal - Sujal's ex-wife, Akshat's ex-fiancée, Kashish, Mehak, Mauli and Kanan's youngest sister
- Preeti Puri / Ekta Saraiya as Mauli Sinha née Arora - Siddharth's ex-wife, Kashish and Mehak's younger sister, Kanan and Charu's elder sister
- Kusumit Sana / Kanika Kohli as Kanan Sinha - Kashish, Mehak and Mauli's younger sister, Charu's elder sister
- Amar Talwar / Chetan Pandit / Amar Talwar as Professor Sinha - Kashish, Mehak, Mauli, Kanan and Charu's father
- Madhavi Gogate as Veena Chetan Garewal - Sujal and Rishi's mother, Chetan's second wife
- Deepak Parashar as Chetan Garewal - Lalit’s best friend, Swayam, Sujal, Akshat and Rishi's father, Veena's husband, Reva's ex-husband
- Eijaz Khan / Manish Raisinghan as Varun Raheja - Mehak's ex-husband, Lalit and Vasundhara's son, Piyush, Abhishek and Sanjana's younger brother, Aman's elder brother, Shivangi's husband
- Amit Singh Thakur as Lalit Raheja - Chetan’s best friend, Piyush, Abhishek, Sanjana, Varun and Aman's father
- Madhuri Bhatia as Vasundhara Lalit Raheja - Piyush, Abhishek, Sanjana, Varun and Aman's mother
- Dimple Hirji as Sanjana Raheja (née Garewal) - Piyush, Abhishek, Varun and Aman's sister, Rishi's ex-wife
- Bhisham Mansukhani as Aman Raheja - Lalit and Vasundhra’s youngest son, Piyush, Abhishek, Sanjana and Varun's younger brother
- Anju Mahendru as Reva Shergill (née Garewal) - Chetan's first wife, Swayam and Akshat's mother
- Neetha Shetty as Dr. Archita, Tushar's friend
- Urvashi Dholakia as Archie Khanna, Sujal's ex-fiancée
- Tinnu Anand as Shabbir Ahluwalia - Kashish's ex-husband, Kartik, Gayatri and Shivangi's father (deceased)
- Aashka Goradia as Gayatri Ahluwalia - Shabbir's eldest daughter, Sujal's ex-fiancée
- Shweta Kapoor as Shivangi Varun Raheja (née Alhuwalia) - Shabbir's youngest daughter, Varun's second wife
- Anas Rashid as Kartik Ahluwalia / Suraj - Shabbir's son
- Mrinal Deshraj as Shipra Arora - Shabbir's sister-in-law
- Siddharth Vasudev as Siddharth Arora - Shabbir's brother-in-law, Mauli's ex-husband
- Ashlesha Sawant as Mouli Sinha née Arora - Siddharth's ex-wife, Kashish and Mehak's younger sister, Kanan and Charu's elder sister
- Keerti Gaekwad Kelkar as Kanan Sinha - Kashish, Mahek and Mauli's younger sister, Charu's elder sister
- Rudra Soni / Azaan Ali Khan as Roshan Raheja Garewal - Mehak and Rishi's son, Varun's stepson
- Hiten Tejwani as Pratham - Sujal's friend
- Amita Chandekar as Anu - Pratham's wife
- Nikhil Arya as Rahul Singhania
- Jennifer Winget as Svetlana
- Parul Chauhan as Receptionist
- Panchi Bora as Prachi Shah
- Tina Parekh
- Sonia Kapoor as Ritika
- Rocky Verma as Contract Killer
- Shweta Tiwari as Prerna
The series was titled as Kashish but was renamed to Kahiin To Hoga before premiere.
Kahiin started with a rating of 5 TVR in the premiere week at number 31 of most watched Hindi television series but gradually increased and entered top 10 programs.
Kahiin to hoga became one of the most popular Indian television programs by achieved the milestone of getting TVR of 10.77 in second week of 2005, despite aired at 11:00 pm (IST) slot. From January to November 2004, it averaged 8.8 TVR being the fourth most watched Hindi GEC. In December 2004, it averaged 9.35 TVR. In second week of 2005, it garnered 14.54, 10.36 and 10.71 TVR in Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata areas.
After the exit of Rajeev Khandelwal in early 2005, the ratings decreased. However, with the entry of Tinnu Anand, it started to increase again and increased even more with his character's death which got 7.18 TVR in August 2006 being the fourth most watched hindi show.
The show went off air despite being in top 10 show as makers of the show felt that story became stretching after the exit of Rajeev Khandelwal who was replaced by Gurpreet Singh. The show to this date is remembered as a classic during Golden Period of Indian television fiction.
|Track #||Title||Singer(s)||Lyricist||Music Composer(s)|
|1||"Title Track"||Priya Bhattacariya||Nawab Arzoo||Lalit Sen|
|2||"Thodasa Pyar Hua Hai"||Kumar Sanu Sad Maine dil tujhko diya||Nawab Arzoo||Lalit Sen|
|3||"Thodasa Pyar Hua Hai Maine Dil Tujhko Diya"||Kumar Sanu, Alka Yagnik||Nawab Arzoo||Lalit Sen|
|4||"Tum Mil Gaye"||Junaid Jamshed||Rohail Hyatt||Salman Ahmad|
|5||"Pyar"||Junaid Jamshed||Shoaib Mansoor||Salman Ahmad. T SERIES|
- "Aamna Sharif: Kahiin To Hoga was the best thing that ever happened to me". India Today.
- "Rajeev Khandelwal to Quit 'Kahiin To Hoga'". Tellychakkar. 18 November 2004.
- "Aamna Sharif doesn't look like her 'Kahiin To Hoga' days anymore; a look at her style evolution". The Times of India. 22 May 2017.
- "TV actor warned over onscreen sins!". Hindustan Times.
- "Pride and prejudice... and some masala!". indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- ""It would be foolish if I switched to some other track and allowed my competitors to perform a dance of victory on an empty field": Ekta Kapoor Balaji Telefilms' creative director". Indian Television dot com.
- "Star Plus' youth-centric 'Kahiin To Hoga' leaves other new shows in its wake". 6 August 2003.
- "Kahin To Hoga strengthens STAR's 11-pm time band further". agencyfaqs. 20 January 2005.
- "STAR Plus hits jackpot with Kahin To Hoga". Afaqs!.
- "Top 10 soaps on TV". Rediff.com.
- "Gurpreet Singh replaces Rajeev Khandelwal". Rediff.
- "Rajeev Khandelwal to Aamna Sharif: This is how the cast of Kahiin to Hoga looks now". India Today. 10 August 2017.
- "Star Plus to celebrate World TV Day with classics". Bizasialive. 24 November 2010.
- "15 Unforgettable Scenes of Sujal and Kashish from 'Kahiin To Hoga'". PinkVilla. 27 May 2015.
- "Popular small screen romances". Mid Day.