Kaba Ma Kyei
"Kaba Ma Kyei" (ကမ္ဘာမကျေ [ɡəbà mə tɕè]; English: "Till the End of the World") is the Burmese national anthem and has been the national anthem of Myanmar since 1947. It consists of two parts, the first is a traditional Burmese style section, before transitioning into the second half, a Western-style orchestra.
|English: Till the End of the World|
|Kaba Ma Kyei|
National anthem of Myanmar
|Also known as||"Kaba Ma Kyay" (English: "Till the End of the World")|
|Lyrics||Saya Tin, 1947|
|Music||Saya Tin, 1930|
|Published||20 July 1930|
|Adopted||22 September 1947|
"Kaba Ma Kyei" (instrumental, abridged)
According to the 2008 Constitution of Myanmar, the complete version of "Kaba Ma Kyei" is specified as consisting of both the traditional Burmese style and Western-style sections. The complete version is usually used on domestic occasions.
A long-standing tradition is that those who sing Kaba Ma Kyei bow at the end, as a show of respect for the nation and its state anthem.
[təjá m̥ja̰ ta̰ lʊʔ laʔ tɕʰɪ́ɴ nɛ̰ mə θwè]
ta.ra: hmya. ta. lwat lap hkrang: nai. ma. swi
|Official English translation||Poetic translation of the second verse||Literal translation of the second verse|
Accompanied with justice and freedom;
𝄆 We shall love, forevermore
𝄆 Until the world ends up shattering, long live Myanmar!
- "Kaba Ma Kyei" at nationalanthems.info
- Constitution of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar (2008) Chapter 13 State Flag, State Seal, National Anthem and the Capital. Article 439 (a). Page 176. (in Burmese)
- Close down on Myanmar National Radio[permanent dead link]
- "The National Anthem Law, 21 Oct 2010" (PDF). Online Burma/Myanmar Library. April 2, 2019.
- "National Anthem of Myanmar". AnthemWorld.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National anthem of Myanmar.|
- Burma/Myanmar: Kaba Ma Kyei - Audio of the national anthem of Burma/Myanmar, with information and lyrics
- Ga Ba Majay Ba Ma Pyay (MIDI file)
- Sheet music (from Embassy of Burma to Washington)