KWSS-LP is a non-commercial low-power FM radio station licensed to Scottsdale, Arizona, United States, and serving the Phoenix-Scottsdale area. Originally broadcasting on 106.7 FM, the station now broadcasts at 93.9 FM. KWSS went on the air January 2005 and is an alternative/indie pop format radio station with an emphasis on local and indie music. With studios located in Scottsdale, and transmitter in central Phoenix, KWSS broadcasts 24 hours a day. Aside from the alternative music format, KWSS carries news and information programs such as Democracy Now! from the Pacifica Foundation, The David Pakman Show and the Mimi Geerges Show. KWSS was awarded The Phoenix New Times Best Alt station for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016. It airs a community radio format.
|Broadcast area||Phoenix-Scottsdale, Arizona|
|Slogan||Independent radio, The Alternative|
|HAAT||251.0 meters (823.5 ft)|
|Former frequencies||106.7 FM (2005-2013)|
|Webcast||Listen Live TuneIn Link Listen Live Links on Home Page|
- Masley, ed (February 13, 2013). "Local alternative outlet KWSS-FM changing frequencies". The Arizona Republic. Retrieved March 16, 2013.
- "KWSS-LP official website". Retrieved 2009-03-24.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KWSS
- Radio-Locator information on KWSS-LP
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KWSS
|This article about a radio station in Arizona is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|