KKLX (96.1 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a hot adult contemporary format. Licensed to Worland, Wyoming, United States, the station is currently owned by the Big Horn Radio Network, a division of Legend Communications of Wyoming, LLC, and features programming from NBC News Radio, and Westwood One.
|Format||Hot adult contemporary|
|Affiliations||NBC Radio, Westwood One|
First air date
|December 1, 1980 (as KENB-FM)|
Former call signs
Call sign meaning
|44°3′33.6″N 107°51′12.7″W / 44.059333°N 107.853528°W|
KWOR, KVGL and KKLX studios are located at 1340 Radio Drive, Worland. KKLX's transmitter site is on Rattlesnake Ridge Road, northeast of Worland.
KENB-FM signed on December 1, 1980. It was owned by and named for Ken Brown, the original owner. On August 20, 1987, the station changed its call sign to KWOR-FM. On October 16, 1989, the station became the current KKLX.
- ^ "KKLX Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- ^ Davis, Dennis (December 11, 1980). "Another FM radio station planned for Casper by July". Casper Star-Tribune. Retrieved September 17, 2019.
- ^ "KKLX Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- KKLX in the FCC FM station database
- KKLX on Radio-Locator
- KKLX in Nielsen Audio's FM station database