KJJK (1020 AM) is a radio station licensed to Fergus Falls, Minnesota. The station serves the Fergus Falls-Detroit Lakes area. The station is currently owned by Leighton Broadcasting, through licensee Leighton Radio Holdings, Inc.
|City||Fergus Falls, Minnesota|
|Broadcast area||Fergus Falls, Minnesota|
|Translator(s)||97.7 MHz K249EZ (Fergus Falls)|
|First air date||1987|
|Power||2,000 watts day|
370 watts night
|Affiliations||American Top 40|
|Owner||Leighton Broadcasting |
(Leighton Radio Holdings, Inc.)
|Sister stations||KBRF, KJJK-FM, KPRW, KZCR|
|Website||Channel 977 Online|
The studios and offices are west of downtown Fergus Falls, at 728 Western Avenue North, near I94. It shares a transmitter site with KJJK-FM, southeast of Fergus Falls, near Wall Lake.
The Federal Communications Commission issued a construction permit for the station on September 8, 1986. The station was assigned the KJJK call sign on September 23, 1986, and received its license to cover on February 12, 1987. The station formerly broadcast an oldies format as "Groovy 1020" and a sports talk format as "1020 The Game".
On December 28, 2016, after running Christmas music through most of the month and stunting for 48 hours with non-stop music by Minneapolis native Prince, KJJK flipped to Top 40/CHR as "Channel 97.7", utilizing newly signed-on translator K249EZ to expand its signal to FM. An afternoon host using the name "McLovin" will debut in early January.
- "KJJK Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved August 8, 2009.
- "Application Search Details". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. September 8, 1986. Retrieved August 8, 2009.
- "Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved August 8, 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "Application Search Details". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. February 12, 1987. Retrieved August 8, 2009.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Summer 2009. Retrieved August 8, 2009.
- Channel 97.7 Brings CHR To Fergus Falls
- Official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KJJK
- Radio-Locator Information on KJJK
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KJJK